Printer Doctor
Printer Doctor, Sr. Printer Technician
Experience:  10,000+ hrs direct troubleshoot, repair and rebuilding hp, Lexmark/Dell inkjet and laser printers

I have a sharp Printer model is AR-M207.It is printing lines

I have a sharp Printer model is AR-M207. It is printing lines on copies we make.
I have installed new Black Toner and still doing it.
Not sure what is making the lines and i cleaned the glass and the drum roll still making lines.
I took it all the drum role assembly apart and it still is making the lines.
please help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Printer Doctor replied 3 years ago.

Printer Doctor :

Hi there. The Printer Doctor is in and ready to help you! Please answer all my questions about your problem so that I can give my best diagnosis.

Printer Doctor :

Looks like you're away for the moment. I'll ask a few questions until you return.

Printer Doctor :

1) Are you only getting lines when you copy from the glass, or only when you copy from the ADF (sheet feeder) on top?

Printer Doctor :

2) I assume there are no lines when you send a print job from the computer. Is that correct?

Printer Doctor :

3) Are the "lines" black or just blank streaks?

Printer Doctor :

4) Are the lines horizontal across the page, or vertical down the page from top to bottom?

Printer Doctor :

When you are ready to chat, just reply and I will be notified to rejoin you!

Customer:

hi when you send and copy a print job there are lines. I was told that. I know for sure the printer is printing vertical lines just black streaks sometimes real dark and sometimes lighter lines.

Printer Doctor :

Hi. Since the lines are there both when sending a print job and making copies, I suspect that the printer transfer charger is dirty. Follow the steps in the illustration below to clean the transfer charger:

Printer Doctor :

Full Size Image

Printer Doctor :

After cleaning the TCharger, print / copy test again to see if the lines are gone. If not, let me know.

Printer Doctor :

If your problem is solved, please remember to click the green ACCEPT (even if you have a subscription) so that I will get credit for assisting you today. Any bonus and positive feedback is also greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need more assistance.

Printer Doctor :

For future problems, you can ask me a question directly by going to my page at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-printerdr/

Printer Doctor :

Thank you, and HAPPY PRINTING from the Printer Doctor!

Customer:

Hi already did this and it did not fix the problem?

Printer Doctor :

Okay, sorry I did not realize you'd already done this. The only other things I would suspect is

Printer Doctor :

1) The scanner inside the printer (not the one for the glass stage) is dirty.

Printer Doctor :

2) The lines are on the photosensitive drum and it would have to be changed out.

Printer Doctor :

3) The is a voltage problem between the board and the imaging unit (would require a technician to diagnose and fix).

Printer Doctor :

Are the lines always in the same place (will 2 pages with lines "match up" when placed together?

Customer:

yes

Printer Doctor :

Okay... it is consistent. Does any of the toner rub off onto your finger after coming out of the printer?

Customer:

no

Customer:

I have cleaned the glass looked. one time I stopped in the middle of printing and opened side door to see what was going on i don't know the name of it but the orange drum in side had lines on it before the paper got to it then after that is when it goes to the part that heats it all up. if that helps.

Printer Doctor :

Good, then that rules out the fuser. Please see if you can locate and reach the internal scanner slot. If accessible, it would be just above the area where imaging drum sits. It will be a narrow 1/4 inch slot about 7 inches long. The beam from this slot can become dirty from toner dust. The result would be to block the beam in the dirty area and also from the imaging drum. If you can reach it you can clean it with a q-tip and a little isopropyl alcohol. Then test print to see if it worked or is improving.

Printer Doctor :

Sorry I was typing the last transmission when you wrote your last reply. That comfirms that the lines are already on the drum. You need to get a new drum.

Customer:

I took out that whole assemble and cleaned it all over I don't think I missed any Thing. Should i just replace that whole part would that fix it?

Customer:

I am a computer tech and not a real good printer tech I am just helping out a customer with this printer problems.

Customer:

ok can you tell me what website to order one and mybe a part number?

Printer Doctor :

I think you've done a great job in helping to track it down. Yes, definitely replace it.

Printer Doctor :

I'll be glad to look now for you if you will stand by a moment...

Customer:

Thank you

Customer:

would it be best to replace not just the drum but everything about the drum too?

Printer Doctor :

Okay, it will be easier for you to do what I just did. I found several sources for it from $39 - $69. Just Google ARM 207 drum and you find plenty.

Printer Doctor :

If I have helped you today, please remember to click ACCEPT (even if you have a subscription) so that I will get credit for assisting you today. Any bonus and positive feedback is also greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need more assistance.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX PRINTING from the Printer Doctor!

Printer Doctor :

Are you still with me?

Printer Doctor, Sr. Printer Technician
Experience: 10,000+ hrs direct troubleshoot, repair and rebuilding hp, Lexmark/Dell inkjet and laser printers