Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer
Experience:  City of Guilds 224, Kyocera, IBM, Novell certifications. 24 years IT experience.

I have a Biz Hub c252 got an error message C-5102 whats is

I have a Biz Hub c252 got an error message C-5102 whats is the problem
Category: Printers
Expert:  Colin Vincent replied 5 years ago.

Colin Vincent :

Hi there. C5102 is a main motor failure. It can be caused by items like the fusing unit seizing and preventing the motor from turning or could be the motor itself. You are going to need a technician as it's going to require stripping at the least and certainly not a diy fix in my opinion. The qoute below is directly from the service manual for the error which gives the part info should it be the motor itself.

C5102 (C-5102)at power up.
CAUSE: The main motor (M1) has failed.
SOLUTION: Replace M1 (p/n 4038M10100). If the problem persists replace PWB-M (p/n 4038 0101 05 for bizhub C250 and p/n 4038-H001-01 for

What is stripping and diy fix

Colin Vincent :

Stripping is a term for dismantling, Diy (do it yourself).

going to be expensive huh

Colin Vincent :

The main motor is about $120 officially from the manufacturer but you may get it cheaper but there will be probably in the region of 1.5 hours labor to add to that. Still quite a lot of money but not necesarilly the end of the road for it.

Thanks Colin

Colin Vincent :

My pleasure. Hope you get it fixed at a reasonalbe cost. A quick glance at part supplies show many are selling the motor at under the manufacturer price so you may save a bit on the part cost.