Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Hi, Im using Canon DR-2580C and the Capture Perfect 3.0 software

Customer Question

Hi, I'm using Canon DR-2580C and the Capture Perfect 3.0 software. When we scan a document with mostly words on it and then saving the PDF to Word document, then the resulting Word document has pictures rather than text in it. Gareth Burton
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
If your problem is, that you want the scanned text-containing original document, to go into MS Word as text, rather than as an image or 'picture' of that text, then what you need to do is to 'Scan OCR' or use OCR function. (It stands for Optical Character Recognition.)

What software or program(s) are you using to do these scans with? (I can advise you on how to do, or whether you can do, OCR scanning on this/these program(s).)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Software is Capture Perfect 3.0.

It might help me to get an accurate answer to your question, if you mentioned what Windows type/version you are running on the computer that you are doing these scans to, please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium
Have you gone to the Options menu, and selected OCR Settings, in your Capture Perfect software?
Then checked the Enable checkbox, selected language, selected Area (that one's not so simple, but selecting some area or other will get you some OCR scanning or other, at least), loaded one page on the flatbed, tried the Preview and seen how well it is set up, then clicked on OK in each settings sheet until all settings are saved... then do the scan.

( If this helps with the problem and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer. (Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.) And, favorable feedback is appreciated. )
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience: 11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Still couldn't get it to work, but thanks anyway.

Gareth
You might want to try other OCR software if Capture Perfect 3 doesn't work for you.

Thanks for the Accept - but may I ask, just what was the error or problem with using Capture Perfect 3 in the standard manner that I just outlined? (I might yet be able to help you with this case and would like to try.)

Also, it sounds as if you did the scan-to-PDF, and then changed that into MS Word somehow... please elucidate the details of this process.