John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I am having a problem with my printer HP PHOTOSMART WIRELESS

I am having a problem with my printer HP PHOTOSMART WIRELESS e-ALL-IN-ONE B110 SERIES. Can I speak to someone on the telephone if possible please send telephone number. the printer is taking the paper to one side so is jamming the printer what can I do.

my name is Elaine
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Please follow the steps below from the REAR of the printer:

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
  2. Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the product.
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  4. Press in the tab on the left side of the rear access door to release the door. Pull the door away from the product to remove it.
    Figure 1: Remove the rear access door
    Illustration of removing the rear access door
  5. Gently pull the paper out of the rollers.
  6. Check to make sure that no scraps of paper are stuck in the product.
    Figure 2: Check the product for scraps of paper
    Photograph of torn paper in the rollers
  7. Reattach the rear access door to the product. Gently push the door forward until it snaps into place.
    Figure 3: Reattach the rear access door
    Illustration of reattaching the rear access door
  8. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  9. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
10. Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

11. If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

---------------+-I have tried forworded instructions it has not worked paper is still going to one side and jamming the printer I did get a piece of paper out of the back but the problem is still ongoing.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. Please check using a flashlight, to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen. If there is nothing obvious, un-plug the printer power supply.

Next, take a dry cloth or Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder. Dust may be coating the rollers there and as they become less tacky, they cannot feed paper correctly.

Holding the printer in both hands (you may need another person to help you) , turn it upside down and shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area. (Sometimes objects such as pens, paper clips and so on can fall into the paper feed area and cause blockages.)

Then plug the printer back up, take your paper out and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper. Then try to form feed again. If that works, then try to print again.

If no luck, remove all paper from the machine and then blow out the feed roller and paper tray thoroughly with compressed air three or four times.

Once done plug in back in and insert a single sheet of paper.

Please test the machine and let me know the results.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we have tried your second suggestion and the printer is still taking the paper to one side and jamming the printer it is still not working

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Then unfortunately the paper feeder is defective and the printer will need to be repaired or replaced. You may prefer a new printer for a similar/better price than a repair. Amazon has very good prices usually with free shipping and no tax. Click here for more info ---> http://tinyurl.com/PrintersAmazon

Please note I do NOT work for HP so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience: CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.