Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My HP Officejet J4680 says its offline, but I can seem to

My HP Officejet J4680 says it's offline, but I can seem to get it back online. I'm using wireless. I tried turning it on and off, and unplugging it, but it won't come back on line. Other functions work.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
What version of windows or mac are you using?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Vista
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Click on start and type printers into the search box and then press enter.
Click on your printer so it is highlighted.
Then right click on it and click on use printer online (or something similar).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JS2348

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Use printer online is not an option. Only use printer offline, and I tried that before and it didn't work.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
If only offline is an option the printer is already online. The option changes to use online when the printer is offline. Please try printing something if you get an error please give me the exact error message including any numbers. Please also make sure when you go to print next to the printer name it shows the correct printer.

JS2348

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In the list of printers, it is selected as my default, and it says it's "offline". When I try to print, it just sits in queue and doesn't print. My Onenote 2007 in my printer box says "ready". I'm pretty sure it used to say "ready" on this printer. I last printed on it 2 weeks ago.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
When you went to print did it show the correct printer name?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, it's sending it to the right printer. I have to keep canceling the printjobs because they just stack up and sit there. I only have 1 printer, Officejet J4680 Series , Microsoft XPS Document Writer, and Send to OneNote 2007. Those are my three printer choices.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Ok unfortunately that normally means the printer driver has gotten corruoted.
Please bookmark or favorite this page so you can get back to me.
Then click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)
Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Restart the computer and reinstall the machine.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

JS2348

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience