Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.
46422908

I havea Brother MFC-J415W. The paper jammed. When that was

Customer Question

I havea Brother MFC-J415W. The paper jammed. When that was taken care of the machine tells me that the ppaer is still jammed. A technition at Staplesa in Thunder Bay, Ontario thinks that it will require setting using a Brother code with which he does not have.
The unit was purchased in November, 2010.
PLease advise - Jack Masters. Thunder Bay. Tel: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Category: Printers
Expert:  Colin Vincent replied 5 years ago.

Colin Vincent :

Hi there. There is no reset codes for paper jams i'm afraid. The paper jam warnings are triggered by mechanical paper sensors that detect the passing of paper. If the printer still reports a jam it is likely that a sensor is still being activated. Did the paper you removed come out complete ?

JACUSTOMER-451zml3v- :

There was a complete removal of all the paper

Colin Vincent :

Does it attempt to feed paper or does the jam message appear straight away at power on ?

JACUSTOMER-451zml3v- :

It does not attempt to feed paper and the jam message appears straight war at power on

Colin Vincent :

To be honest i don't think there is anything i can suggest that doesn't involve stripping the printer. If the jam warnign is here from power on hen a sensor is either damaged / dislodged or something is activating it. Given the location of the sensors it's not something you can do yourself and it would invalidate any warranty if you take it apart. Sorry

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Hi. I am Rick. I will be your expert.

One thing you can try is turn off the machine and try pushing a heavy piece of card stock into the printer from the feed end push it all the way through if possible. See if that clears the error code.