Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems
383181

Error number 8200 has occurred on my canon 1P4300.What is this

Customer Question

Error number 8200 has occurred on my canon 1P4300.What is this and how can i fix it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 3 years ago.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Hello Sir/Maam,

Sandeep Pamarati :

Happy to help you..

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please let me know how many times range light is flashing?

Sandeep Pamarati :

I can help you....

Customer:

Sandeep: the green light and the orange light are both flashing all the time - one after the other.

Customer:

It was printing ok this morning but then suddenly this began happening. I would have answered you before this but i had to go out.

Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience: Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems
If still problem is there need to follow the below steps...
I am providing the steps for windows if not let me know ....

Set the default printer (Windows)
Instructions to set the default printer in Windows. The default printer will be the printer automatically used when printing unless otherwise specified.

Open the Printers Folder:

For Windows 7
Click the 'Start' button from the bottom left of the Windows screen, and then click on 'Devices and Printers'.
For Windows Vista
Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, 'Control Panel', 'Hardware and Sound', and then click on 'Printers'. Note: If you are in 'Classic' view, Click 'Printers' directly from the 'Control Panel'.

For Windows XP Home Edition
Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, 'Control Panel,' 'Printers and Other Hardware,' and 'Printers and Faxes.'

For Windows XP Professional Edition
Click 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, and 'Printers and Faxes.'

For Windows 2000/Me/98
Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, and 'Settings,' then 'Printers.'

If there is more than one Canon printer icon shown, right-click on 'Copy 2' (or higher) of your model?s icon.

Left-click on 'Set as Default Printer' from the menu that appears to specify the printer as the default.

When the printer has been set as the default printer, a checkmark is displayed beside the printer icon.

Note: If any duplicate copies of the printer exist in the Printers window, you may delete them. To delete the previous copies, right-click on the printer icon and select 'Delete' or 'Remove'.

Let me know if it helps

Thanks for your time,,,

Good Day to you...

JS2348
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm using an iMac computer with Mac OSX Version 10.6.3
PLease try to do the below steps

Adding the Printer Model name to the Printer List (Mac OS X)
Instructions to add a Printer Model name to the Printer List in Mac OS X.

Note: After confirming that the cable is connected and the printer is powered on, perform the following:

Click here for Mac OS X 10.4 or older instructions.

1.In the Apple menu, open System Preferences.

2. Open Print and Fax.

3. To add the printer, click the Plus (+) sign.

4. Select the printer to add, then click 'Add'.

5. The printer is added.

Adding the Printer to the Printer List (Mac OS X ver 10.4.x or older)

Open Applications, and Utilities, and double-click the 'Printer Setup Utility' icon.

Note: Printer Setup Utility has a different name, depending on the Mac OS X version. In versions prior to Mac OS X 10.3.x, double-click the Print Center icon. The above is an image using Mac OS X Ver. 10.3.x. The display in prior versions appears different. The images are an example using the i80 model.

Click 'Add' on the toolbar.

Select 'USB' from the pop-up menu.

Select the printer name you are using, and click 'Add' (The printer name you are using is added to the Printer List dialog).

Adding the Printer Model name to the Printer List is completed.

----------------------------

let me know if it helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, it is all connected and the printer was selected. It appears to be purely a mechinical problem - perhaps due to a part wearing out in the printer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.