Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

My Canon MP830 suddenly will not copy, fax or scan. Takes a

Customer Question

My Canon MP830 suddenly will not copy, fax or scan. Takes a long time saying "scanner warming up" then says scanner not working. Still prints though. How can I fix this please.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Do the lights on the machine flash at all?
Does it give you an error number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No "flashing lights" looks like it is functioning normally except for the excessive time waiting for scanner to warm up, then the message "Scanner is not operating correctly". No error #. I believe the machine has "had it", maybe a broken belt?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Theres no belt on the scanner in these machines, however it sounds like the lamp is not lighting if it stays in the warming up stage. Try it again and watch it to see if it ever lights up. If it does not it means the lamp has failed and needs to be replaced. This can sometimes be expensive however so I would call around for a price first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.

JS2348

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I was not looking for someone to tell me my printer/scanner is broken but was looking for someone to tell me how to fix it now at home. I allready knew it was broken. How do I get my deposit released?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
I can tell you how to fix it but you need to replce a part, if you knew it was broken you must of also knew you may need to replace a part. I meant to call and get a price on the part as well because it can be expensive. To replace it you need to remove the top part of the machine, then remove the control panel (both clip in with plastic clips, then unscrew the glass platen and remove the lamp. To install the new one you simply reverse the steps. On some of these machines the lamp is screwed in on others it simply clamps in like the control panel. However it seems you just wanted to know what was wrong, and which part to replace for free.

JS2348