Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a HP Photosmart C8100 All in One Series and keep getting

I have a HP Photosmart C8100 All in One Series and keep getting this message:
Ink system has failed. Unable to print. Refer to printer documention. Error Oxc19a0005.
Turn power off and then back on. Nothing happens. I have reinstalled all of the software and still keep getting these messages as well as others. Please advise. My e-mail is [email protected] Thank you. Howard Miller
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will be assisting you today!

A note about how we work.. It may only take one solution to solve this, it may take several. I will stick with you till this is resolved. No matter how many attempts it takes, you will only be charged once, unless you start a new question. Also, please save your feedback till the end of the process.

question.. can you try removing all the catridges. then removing power from the machine.

unplug the cord completely. and then..

plug it back in, with no cartridges, power it up.. shut it down.

then.. install the cartridges again. and then. turn the machine off and on one more time.

If this doesnt get rid of the error, let me know, and we will continue Howard.

Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.

Thanks!

If my answer helped, please make sure to leave positive feedback on the screen that comes up after clicking accept. If my answer did not work, please wait to leave feedback till we get the issue fixed!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did what you recommended and got the same error message. What do I do now? I would really like to get this issue resolved.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WHAT YOU RECOMMENDED DID NOT SOLVE MY PROBLEM. CAN YOU COME UP WITH ANOTHER SOLUTION? THANK YOU.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 years ago.
Please try the folloiwng

Press and Hold the “Print Photos” & “Red Eye Removal” buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
B. - Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal”
Display says "enter special key combo"
Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal” .

If "support COxxFN0723BR" appears with "uiaux" message, perform the below steps:
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. (on C8100 use Touch Screen)
3. Press and release the “OK” button.
4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status.
5. Press and release the “OK” button
6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
12. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
13. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I GOT THE PRINTER TO PRINT EXCEPT IT DOES NOT PRINT I N EITHER BLACK OR COLOR. IT ALL JUST COMES OUT BLANK. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 years ago.
Question.

does the selt test page show color?

( and thanks forgeting back to me. dont worry, we should be close to a fix)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
LOOKS LIKE WE ARE BACK TO SQUARE ONE AGAIN. ORIGINAL ERROR MESSAGE KEEPS COMING UP. "INK SYSTEM HAS FAILED. UNABLE TO PRINT DOCUMENTION. ERROR Oxc19a0005. TURN POWER OFF THEN ON". I'VE TRIED THIS NUMEROUS TIMES AND KEEP GETTING THE SAME MESSAGE. PLEASE ADVISE. THANK YOU.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 years ago.
ok. then that means.

either your cartdridges are bad or.. your print head is bad.

you can try replacing the cartridges. then. trying the reset again.

If it doesnt work.. depending on how long you have had the printer.

You should be able to get hp to repair it for free.. ( replacing print heads can be costly)