John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

my printer will shoot paper out but does not print on the paper,

my printer will shoot paper out but does not print on the paper, what is wrong?
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

OK. If you make a copy from the flatbed glass of the printer, does it work? Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please let me know if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Please click Start, then right click "Computer" and select Properties to find out the version.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My own computer has windows xp but because I had to borrow a computer because my computer crashed, i am using vista. I thought that some change might need to be made in order to go from xp to vista. I hope this is useful.

If I sign up for the monthly agreement, would someone be able to help me to fix my computer?

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
I apologize for the long delay. Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely using the Windows Install Cleanup TOOL and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the Lexmark printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a Program

3- 3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool clicking here ----> http://fileanswer.com/ and then click "msicuu2.exe" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any Lexmark printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you).

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://support.lexmark.com:80/lexmark/index?page=content&locale=EN&docLocale=en_US&segType=recommendedSegmentMICROSOFT&userlocale=EN_US&id=DR7470 <=== CLICK HERE for Windows VISTA

And click the "Install now" OR "Download only>>" button. When the download is over please run the file

Select OPEN or RUN if prompted. Otherwise click SAVE and save the file to your desktop, then double click it to start the installation.

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer and try to print

9- Does it work fine now?

10- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

11- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience: CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it still shoots the paper out but does not print
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. If you print this page, does it work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure if you received my response: It still did not print. It still shots our the paper without any print.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK, are you printing from Word, Internet Explorer, etc? If you print this page, does it work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it still shoots out the pages without the print for every page that I have tried to print.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK, please make a black copy from the flatbed of the printer, then make a color copy from the flatbed also. Do you get a good black copy and a good color copy as well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
black copy ok color ok
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK, I would like to know if you get the same issue printing from any application, like Word, Internet Explorer, Paint, etc, or if you get the issue from only one application.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
from all applications
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. Have you used the "windows install cleanup" (file "msicuu2.exe") and removed the driver from it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I used the c cleanup, I have it on my computer but I did not find the file msicuu2.exe. the clean up ran successfully.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Yes, you don't need to run the Clean Up. You need to run the Windows Cleanup Utility. Please let's try with another way. RIGHT CLICK HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/3whf26r? and click SAVE AS, then save it to your desktop.

Then remove the Lexmark printer driver from it. Also, do you have Windows Vista on this computer, am I right?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. You need to run the Windows Cleanup Utility. Please let's try with another way. RIGHT CLICK HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/3whf26r? and click SAVE AS, then save it to your desktop.

Then remove the Lexmark printer driver from it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
since this is not my computer that I am using, I was denied access to transfer that to the administrators side and I can't run it from the guest side
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
are you still working on this?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
If you are not administrator of the computer you cannot install the printer software, unfortunately. You must be administrator in order to install programs, software, etc, like the printer for example.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did install the printer in order for the computer to recognize it and also the printer would not shot the pages out, it would not receive any command to do anything at all. correct???
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
I understand, but in order to isolate any issue, we need to install the newest software following me previous answer from an administrator account. That's the way Windows work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have the pass word, can you vpn? if you have the ip
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
when you gave the instructions to uninstall and reinstall, I did the reinstall on the administrators side.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

should I uninstall it on both sides and reinstall again on the admin side?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
You should uninstall and reinstall on the administrator's side, using first the "Uninstall feature" of Windows and then the Windows CleanUp utility, then try to print from the administrator side. Does it work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, i'll try it
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Thank you! Smile please keep me posted
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, I have uninstalled and reinstalled on the admin side, now I should run the cclean up utility, correct
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, I have uninstalled and reinstalled on the admin side, now I should run the cclean up utility, correct what are you calling the utility
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
did you get my request to refund? I have to go.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
We can continue later also if you want. Just add this page to your favorites and come back when you have time. I have spent a lot of time trying to help you. I think I deserve a second chance :-) And, no, you should uninstall, then run the clean up utility, and then reinstall. :-(

To download the clean up utility RIGHT CLICK HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/3whf26r? and click SAVE AS, then save it to your desktop.

Then remove the Lexmark printer driver from it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok I will add to favorites. be back in about 2 hrs. ok
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK, thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, I uninstalled , ran the cleaner and then installed. Now I am getting the message that This printer is designed to work with USB cables only. The current software setting is not set to usb port.

make sure you are using a usb cable and the printer is set to a usb port
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Hello. When you install the software, make sure to select USB when prompted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
are u there
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Hello, yes. When you install the software, make sure to select USB when prompted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have tried to do this two more times since I last talked with you and I am now getting the message that the printer is not installed.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Please click Start, Control Panel, Printers and let me know what printers do you see listed there. Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the lexmark is not listed, only my sons printer.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. When you install the Lexmark software, you get a message like "Installation successful" or similar?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Is this your computer with Windows XP now? or the Vista one? Also, does the computer prints fine to your son's printer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this is the vista, and it is not hooked to my son's printer at all, he is grown and does not live here. I just borrowed his computer until I get a new one or have mine repaired.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. I would like to fix the issue using Remote Desktop but the information you are looking for would require an extended amount of my time than what I normally do for the listed price. If you think it is fair, please increase the question price to $40, remember you will ONLY pay if we solve the issue. Customers now have the ability to increase prices even after a reply is posted by an Expert. You can do this by clicking on the “edit” button next to their original Question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
just refund
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
you don't need to refund, I will give you 100.00 if you can help me fix my computer. do you think you can help?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK, we can try and you will pay only if we solve the issue. I will give you the link to start the remote desktop feature. Please let me know when you have time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You are referring to my computer, correct? if so when will it be good for you? I can do it anytime. I will just need to put some connections back on my computer. My problem this that I can't boot up. it keeps giving me a error message but I can't remember what it says now.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, please click here to start the remote desktop session -----> http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=8c42ee07-8125-4e80-9ad6-b8d9309e80f7&SUPPORT=NET
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what i want is for you to help me with my computer. i don, want to do any more on my sons lap top.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what are we going to paypal for
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, please click here from the "problematic compuer" so I can enter and try to fix the issue -----> http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=8c42ee07-8125-4e80-9ad6-b8d9309e80f7&SUPPORT=NET
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it will not boot up. it tries but not successful
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
It seems the computer have several issues then... :-( What error message do you see?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it will not boot up. it tries but not successful it comes up to the black window that states the it did not start up correctly and gives you three options to try to boot it, none of the 3 work, it always go to a screen that states a problem has been detected and windows has been dhut down to prevent damage to the computer. tech info it gives is
*** stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x89c44848, 0xc0000102, 0x000000000) it states to disable or uninstall any antivirus disk defragmentariness or backup utilities. check the hard drive config and ch for any updated drivers. run chkdsk/f to check for hard drive corruption and then restart the computer.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately this seems a major issue and the computer should be taken to a computer shop to be repaired.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thank you I appreciate your help