John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Hi I am having problems with my Cannon Inkjet PIXMA iP1500

Hi

I am having problems with my Cannon Inkjet PIXMA iP1500 printer. It worked ok last week but was running short of ink. I have put in a new cartridge but every time I try to print I get an error and the light on the printer goes orange. The message I get is to press resume button and if that doesn't work turn it off and then back on. I have tried both of these several times and it still won't print. I uninstalled it and re-installed it but that hasn't worked either. Can you suggest anything else for me to try?
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

Please follow the steps below:

1- Remove ALL the ink cartridges from the printer

2- Check that there is no residual tape on the cartridges.

3- Then clean the contacts (the hole where the ink comes out) on the cartridges as well as inside the printer itself

NOTE: Clean the contacts with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

4- If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging, replace them with genuine and original ones.

5- Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 60 seconds

6- Insert the cartridges and check to see if the issue persists. IF NO LUCK, PLEASE LET ME KNOW how many times does the orange light blinks before it stops.

7- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

8- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

JS2348
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi John

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately it didn't work.

The orange light flashes 5 times then goes green then 5 orange again.

Wyn

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
5 orange flashes mean the printhead is defective or the ink cartridges are not installed correctly.

Please follow the steps below to remove the printhead, then the ink cartridges, and the reinsert them again.

Below is the procedure for seating the print head and ink tanks:

1. Open the printer's front cover.

2. Raise the print head lock lever, and lower the print head lock lever firmly.

3. Check if the ink tanks are installed properly.

Ink tanks installed correctly

Ink tanks installed incorrectly

4. When installing the ink tanks, push the top of the ink tank until a click sound is made.

Note: If the ink tanks are not installed properly, paper may not be fed properly, or ink may not be ejected.

5. Close the front cover.
IF NO LUCK, then we have 2 options. Please see below:

Option 1: the cartridges are defective (that happens sometimes). If you can, replace them by new and genuine CANON cartridges.

Option 2: If you replace the cartridges and you still get the same issue, then the printhead is defective. (The printhead is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page) Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace than the machine itself.

Or you may prefer a new printer for a similar/better price than a repair. Amazon has very good prices usually with free shipping and no tax. Click here for more info ---> http://tinyurl.com/PrintersAmazon

Please note I do NOT work for CANON so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) ( Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci
JS2348
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi John

I have done as you suggested. The light does notflash orange now but when I try to print I get a message to say the print head is not installed. I have checked it several times and it seems to be ok. Is there anything else you can suggest other than the bin?

Wyn

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately this means the printhead is defective. You can try with a cleaning kit but not always work. Click here for more information -----> http://cgi.ebay.com/PRINTHEAD-CLEANER-Canon-Pixma-inks-iP1500-iP2000-iP3000-/220554368431?pt=BI_Toner&hash=item335a1095af

Thank you

John Cappucci
John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience: CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks John.

Think I will go for a new printer. I will accept answer so you get paid.

Regards

Wyn