Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

how can i enlarge the print from 100% to 150% when i am printing a doc

how can i enlarge the print from 100% to 150% when i am printing a document?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 3 years ago.
Hello Sir/maam,

Happy to help you...

Please see the below information...

Select the scanning resolution based on how you will use your scanned image:

* E-mail, view on a computer screen, or post on the web: 96 to 150 dpi

* Fax: 200 dpi

* Print on an inkjet printer: 300 dpi

* Convert to editable text (OCR): 300 to 400 dpi

-----------------------------------------------------------

Windows

1. Right-click the printer icon in the task bar (bottom-right corner of your screen), and select Printer Settings.

If you don't see the icon, see No Printer Icon Appears in Windows Taskbar for instructions on making it appear or do one of the following:

Windows 7: Click and select Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.

Windows Vista: Click , and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printer (under Hardware and Sound) or Printers. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.

Windows XP: Click Start, and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printers and Other Hardware (if available) and then Printers and Faxes. Right-click your printer and select Printing Preferences.

2. Select the settings you want to use as defaults in all your Windows programs.

3. Click OK to accept the changes.

Macintosh

1. Open a document and select Print from the File menu.

2. Define the print settings you want to to save.

Note: Some options may not be able to be saved in a preset.

3. Click the Presets pop-up menu and select Save As.

4. Enter a name for your preset, and choose whether this preset can be used with any printer or only with the currently selected printer.

5. Click OK.

When you are ready to print with the preset you saved, click the Presets pop-up menu, select your preset from the list, and click Print. Once a preset has been selected, it will continue to be automatically selected in the print dialogue until another preset is selected. To go back to the original default print settings, select Standard from the Presets pop-up menu.

If you don't want to create a preset and simply want to print with the last print settings you selected, select Last Used Settings in the Presets pop-up menu.

Let me know if it helps...

Thanks for your time....

Good day to you...
JS2348

Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience: Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
i am not satisfied with the answer at all. all i wanted was to enlarge a document on the printer. the computer is not even hooked to the printer, so your answer was absolutely no help!!!!!
Okay

Let the other expert will handle this issue..

Thanks for your time...
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
I think what you are aiming at is enlarging a copy, made by putting an original on the glass platen, or else in the document feeder on the top of your printer, and doing it that way, without involvement with a computer at all. Am I correct in my understanding of your problem?

(This, on an Epson Workforce 520 printer/scanner/copier machine.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Do you need further help?

If so, let me ask, what was wrong with my answer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

russell h. you never did give me a solution on enlarging copy letters from 100% to larger size so i can read it. your first response analized the exact problem but your response did not tell me how to enlarge the document. your other technician. sandeep pamarati, did not help at all that is why i was assigned to you. i, in error, clicked

that i accepted his solution so now i am being charged $11.00 for his service!! please adjust that charge and i will be willing to pay you if i get a solution. thank you

cliff cavitt XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

In other words, you want a refund for the mistaken Accept you gave to XXXXX and are willing to pay if I provide the right solution (having, you acknowlege, at least realized what the problem you are asking about is) ?

I don't know if that can be done - but I am passing it on to XXXXX They have the power to do such a payment reversal - or not - but after passing it to them it's out of my hands to do more.
That previously mentioned refund has now been processed and done, I am informed.

Here's how to enlarge copies made of originals (on your Epson machine without involving the computer at all):

Load original(s), press the COPY button on the printer, then press the Menu button and select the setting for % size or enlargement by using the up or down arrow buttons. When the setting name has been highlighted/selected, press OK to change the setting, enter the new setting, press OK to save the changed setting. Then run the copy off.

(Additional: there IS such a setting. It is the Reduce/Enlarge setting.)

After selecting Reduce/Enlarge, select Custom to use a percentage of enlargement, and enter the % figure using numeric keypad, or else use up/down arrows to select a percentage of enlargement.

After changing the setting(s) you want, you press Menu button again, and then run the copy off by pressing the B&W or Color button.

If this helps with the problem and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer. (Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.)
- Favorable feedback is appreciated.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience: 11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable