bbl242003
bbl242003, Engineer
Experience:  Completed field work and Service Technician 2 years, Advanced Printing and Office essentials, A+ certified
55282750

I have a Brother DCP-165C printer - problem showing Troubleshooting

I have a Brother DCP-165C printer - problem showing Troubleshooting No.73 - is there something I can do to rectify this problem.
Category: Printers
Expert:  bbl242003 replied 5 years ago.

bbl242003 :

Hello welcome

bbl242003 :

Lets start by performing the following

bbl242003 :

1. Start by Powering the printer OFF

2. Turn the unit back on after a few seconds and while it is still ON, remove the power plug from the back side of it.

3. Wait for 2 minutes to elapse , then plug the unit back in

4. Wait about 3 minutes time for the unit to complete its boot process

5. Now attempt to print, did the error go away?

bbl242003 :

if not, please continue below

bbl242003 :

ensure that you change out your toners/ink cartridges for ONLY certified new replacements AVOID refills and remanufactured cartridges like the flu

bbl242003 :

they cause continued 73 errors

bbl242003 :

Please follow up with me on the results, Please do NOT leave me negative feedback as I do not work for Brother

Thank you

Bruce

JS2348

Expert:  bbl242003 replied 5 years ago.
Hello welcome
9:51 PM
Lets start by performing the following
9:53 PM Customerhas entered this chat!
bbl242003 says:
9:53 PM
1. Start by Powering the printer OFF

9:53 PM
if not, please continue below
9:54 PM
9:54 PM
they cause continued 73 errors
9:55 PM

Thank you

Bruce

JS2348...................
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Problem has not been solved, followed instructions but when I tried to print just came up with Print Unable - Troubleshoot No.73
Expert:  bbl242003 replied 5 years ago.
Do you have brand new inks, NON refill type?

Thank you

Bruce
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes genuine new ink cartridges
Expert:  bbl242003 replied 5 years ago.
This printer/machine is experiencing condensation inside normally caused by a temperature differential which is frequent when the temp outside the printer and inside vary substantially. Please implement the following solution Please Keep power on and then open the printer front cover. Please Leave the same front cover open for at least 30 minutes. Then Close the front cover. Turn off the machine's power switch and turn it on again This will allow more than enough time for proper ventilation and thus clear the error for you. Please follow up with me on the results, Please do NOT leave me negative feedback as I do not work for Brother Thank you Bruce .
Expert:  bbl242003 replied 5 years ago.
Any luck clearing the error?

Please follow up with me on the results, Please do NOT leave me negative feedback as I do not work for Brother Thank you Bruce .