Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems
383181

Same problem on the HP Officejet 6500 E709n regarding Ink

Same problem on the HP Officejet 6500 E709n regarding "Ink System Failure" error code. I have tried everything listed regarding cleaning and resetting cartridges but nothing seems to fix it. Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 3 years ago.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Hello Sir/Maam,

Sandeep Pamarati :

Happy to help you...

Sandeep Pamarati :

In this situation need to follow the below steps....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please let me know is the cartridges are hp branded or not..?

Sandeep Pamarati :

If so please checkout the cartridges are seated properly... or not....?

Customer:

All cartridges are genuine HP and correctly seated

Sandeep Pamarati :

Okay

Please follow the below steps...

Reset the product

1. Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.

NOTE: The USB cable connects to the port on the back of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon ( ).

2. Remove the cartridges from the product.

3. Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges ' message to display on the control panel.

4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.

5. Wait 60 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).

7. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.

8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.

9. Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.

Sandeep Pamarati :

I hope your problem willbe solved..

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good Day to you...

Sandeep Pamarati :

JS2348

Customer:

Sorry Sandeep but have tried that before. Tried again but still the error message.

Customer:

Thanks but nothing new to solve the problem which I guess must be a faulty machine.

Sandeep Pamarati :

In this situation please clean the print head

Customer:

After step 2 the "insert cartridges" message does not appear., Still the" Ink system failure" message.

Sandeep Pamarati :

If you need steps i can provide for you...

Customer:

my earlier reply saying I had disconnected the USB cable was just that - not the following steps 2 to 9 you are listing. However I cannot get past step 2

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay

Sandeep Pamarati :

did you clean the print head

Customer:

yes

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay

Sandeep Pamarati :

I suspect that this is internal problem ... So need to contact service person... need a technician...

If you need service details let me know ...

I can help you...

Customer:

Probably cheaper to get another machine. First time I have used this JA service so appreciate your input but not a winning result - is it possible to pay 50% of the £12 for your time?

Sandeep Pamarati :

I have provided the apted solution but it is some internal problem...

Any ways thanks for your time....

Sandeep Pamarati :

If you need service details let me know i can provide for you...

Customer:

I guess that's fair - you did provide a potential solution so I will accept

Sandeep Pamarati :

Okay

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time...

Sandeep Pamarati :

JS2348

Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience: Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems