John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am trying to scan a document and the printer has been stuck

Customer Question

I am trying to scan a document and the printer has been stuck for thirty five minutes.
I have a canon mx340 and the screen says "pc scan standby"
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please let me know if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Please click Start, then right click "Computer" and select Properties to find out the version.

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
windows 7, 32 bit
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
OK, please restart the computer and turn off/ turn on the printer, BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

Then please follow the steps below from your computer:

1- From your computer, click Start
2- Then type "paint" without the quotes into the search box and press ENTER
3- Click the first icon before "Home", and select "From Scanner or Camera"
4- Make any changes you would like and click "Scan"

5- Does it work?

6- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

7- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry to say that this did not resolve the issue. When the list comes up the scanner/ camera button is not an option
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
OK, please follow the steps below:

1- Click here -----> http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mx340#DriversAndSoftware

2- Scroll down and then click "Select OS" and select "Windows 7"

3- Click "mp68-win-mx340-1_04-ea24.exe" 29.69MB

4- Scroll down and select "I Agree - Begin Download'

5- Save the file to your desktop, then double click it to start the installation.

6- Try to scan

7- If no luck yet, please do the same but download and install the mpnx_3_1-win-3_13-ej.exe file (45.58MB)

8- Then try to scan again. Does it work?

Thank you

John Cappucci