Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems
383181

I have a Brother HL-2240. My problem is the red blinking

I have a Brother HL-2240. My problem is: the red blinking Error light is on and it won't print. It has paper and toner, etc. Can you help me please
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 3 years ago.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Hello Sir/maam,

Sandeep Pamarati :

Happy to help you...

Sandeep Pamarati :

In this case need to follow the below steps....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please follow the steps below to solve the problem:

Press the Go button to print the remaining data in the printer memory.

If you want to delete the data remaining in the machine memory, press the Go button for about 4 seconds until all the LEDs light up and then release it. Press the Go button again. The Ready and Error LEDs will flash as the job is being canceled.

If the problem does not clear, reduce the complexity of your document or lower the print resolution.

Follow the steps below to lower the print resolution.

NOTE: The steps and screens may differ depending on the operating system being used.

For Windows® Users:

[Windows® 2000 users]
Click Start => Settings => Printers.

[Windows® XP/ Windows Server® 2003 users]
Click Start => Printers and Faxes.

[Windows Vista®/ Windows Server® 2008 users]
Click Start => Control Panel => Hardware and Sound => Printers.

[Windows® 7 users]
Click Start => Control Panel => Hardware and Sound => Devices and Printers.

Right click on the printer name icon and choose Printing Preferences from the Menu.
Click Basic tab and change the resolution to the lower one.
Resolutions

For Macintosh Users:

Choose "Print" from the File menu and open the Print dialogue.
Choose "Print Settings" option from the print options pop-up menu.
Click Basic and change the resolution to the lower one.
Resolutions
<Only for Windows® users who use the network models>

Change the following settings in the supplied Windows® driver and try again. The best combination of these settings will vary depending on your document:

Graphics * 1
TrueType mode * 1
Use Printer TrueType® Fonts *1

*1 To change the settings above, click Basic tab and choose "Manual" for Print Settings. And then click Manual Settings.....
Print Settings

Sandeep Pamarati :

Let me know if it helps...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good Day to you..

Sandeep Pamarati :

JS2348

Customer:

I'm not understanding steps and screens.

Customer:

I'm not understanding how to get to the screen to click start=>Settings=>printers.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please choose your operating system then do the steps...

Sandeep Pamarati :

I have provided the different operating systems..

Customer:

i am not understanding the steps for windows users. please clarify.

Customer:

i am not understanding the steps and screens instructions. please clarify.

Sandeep Pamarati :

let me know the operating system?

Customer:

what is the operating system?

Sandeep Pamarati :

Windows xp,vista and mac,...

Sandeep Pamarati :

which is you are using ?

Customer:

It is windows...but I don't know which windows. where do I find that?

Customer:

Where are you Sandeep?

Sandeep Pamarati :

I am here

Sandeep Pamarati :

tell me....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please checkout in your system

Sandeep Pamarati :

while strating you can find the operating system?

Customer:

What do you mean "checkout in system"? What is strating?

Customer:

Answers please.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Okay i will provide the steps....

Sandeep Pamarati :

please try to do ...

Sandeep Pamarati :

one sec please

Sandeep Pamarati :

Clean the carona wire and then try to print....

Caution

DO NOT use cleaning materials that contain ammonia, alcohol, any type of spray, or any type of flammable substance to clean the outside or inside of the machine.
Do Not Use
Be careful not to inhale toner.

Open the front cover and leave the machine for at least 10 minutes to cool down.
Open front cover

Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.

Take out drum unit and toner cartridge assembly

Caution
We recommend that you place the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly on a clean, flat surface with a piece of disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
To prevent damage to the machine from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
Do Not Touch
Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from right to left and left to right several times.

Caution

Be sure to return the tab to the home position (Image) (1). If you do not, printed pages may have a vertical stripe.

Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back into the machine. Close the front cover.

Put drum unit and toner cartridge assembly

Sandeep Pamarati :

Try to do and let me know if it helps..

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time...

Sandeep Pamarati :

JS2348

Customer:

I have not taken out the drum unit or toner cartridge. It has been in the machine all along and the front cover is closed. Now what do I do?

Sandeep Pamarati :

now try to print...

Sandeep Pamarati :

If still problem is there need a technician...

Customer:

OK. I think this thing is going to print. If you don't hear from me anymore, that will mean it worked!

Customer:

GOOD NEWS!!! The Printer worked. I took out the toner cartridge and found a paper stuck in there. After I took it out the printer worked. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. THANK YOU FOR your patience and you are great.

Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience: Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems