Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems

Canon Pixma MP530 makes a loud grinding noise at start & s

Customer Question

Canon Pixma MP530 makes a loud grinding noise at start & stop.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 3 years ago.

Sandeep Pamarati :

hello sir/maam,

Sandeep Pamarati :

happy to help you....

Sandeep Pamarati :

in this case meed to follow the below steps.....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Lower the lock lever on the print head holder MP800R / MP830 / MP530
Reseat the Print Head
Instructions to remove the print head or ink tanks properly. Remove the ink tanks before proceeding to remove the print head. After the ink tanks and print head are removed, reinstall them.
Remove the Ink Tanks
1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and press the <Open> button. (The paper output tray will open.)

*MP800 shown
2. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

*MP800 shown

NOTE: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.
3. Open the inner cover.
4. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

CAUTION: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.

Click to return to the top.
Removing the Print Head
1. Raise the print head lock lever.
2. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

CAUTION: Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>. Doing so may cause printing problems.

Installing the Print Head
1. Raise the print head lock lever.

2. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

3. Insert ink tanks into the print head.

NOTE: Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

4. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

Full Size Image

<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.

<8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.

NOTE: Click for Ink Tank Lamp indications.
5. Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover).

CAUTION: When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam fingers.

Memo: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.
Ink Tank Lamp indications

You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.
- On: The printer is ready to print.
- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.
- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.
- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.

Sandeep Pamarati :

then Reset the device when it is not functioning properly.
If the device is not functioning properly or to clear memory, reset it.

On the operator panel, press and hold the <ON/OFF> button for one second. (The display will go blank.)

Note: It may be necessary to unplug the power cord if pressing the ON/OFF button does not shut off the printer.

Wait approximately ten seconds and then press the <ON/OFF> button again.

Wait until the device has completed its cycling process before submitting another job request.

Sandeep Pamarati :

let me know if it helps....

Sandeep Pamarati :

thanks for your time....

Sandeep Pamarati :

good day to you....

Customer:

I went through the process you said above, & it did nothing to help.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Try to follow the below steps...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Instructions to change the machine back to its default settings.

Press the <Menu> button repeatedly to display [DEVICE SETTINGS].

Press the left or right arrow to select [RESTORE DEFAULT], then press the <OK> button.

Press the left or right arrow to select one of the below options and then press <OK>.
TELEPHONE NO DATA
SETTING DATA
ALL DATA

Press the left or right arrow to select [YES] at the confirmation screen, then press <OK>.

Note: RESTORE DEFAULT changes the settings back to the default (factory settings), except COUNTRY SELECT, LANGUAGE SETTING, and the position of the print head.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Let me know if it helps...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time...

Customer:

Done. No change.

Customer:

No Change

Sandeep Pamarati :

If stll problem is there need to updated the drivers.... Link is here....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Need to select the operating system from the drop downlist then download the drivers and then reinstall them afresh....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Let me know if it helps..

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Any Updates....

Sandeep Pamarati :

JS2348