Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems

Canon MX870. I can receive faxes, but when I try to send a

Canon MX870. I can receive faxes, but when I try to send a fax I get an error tx report, TX/RX No. 0009, Result: NG #059, Tx canceled: rx fax info mismatch.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 3 years ago.

Sandeep Pamarati :

hello sir/maam,

Sandeep Pamarati :

happy to help you...

Sandeep Pamarati :

please follow the below steps....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Setting or changing the Transmission (TX) Report

Follow these instructions:

Press the <FAX> button

Press <MENU>

Use [<] or [>] to select [TX SETTINGS]

Press <OK>

Use [<] or [>] to select [TX REPORT]

Press <OK>

Use [<] or [>] to choose:

[Output Yes]: Print a report every transmission
[Output No]: Do not print a report
[Print Error Only]: Print a report only if the transmission fails

Press <OK>

Press <Stop/Reset>

Sandeep Pamarati :

let me know if it helps....

Sandeep Pamarati :

thanks for your time..

Sandeep Pamarati :

good day to you....

Customer:

For this model, the TX setting is located in the Setup Button, Fax Settings, Transmission Settings, TX Report, Print for each TX, Yes. This does not solve the problem.

Customer:

Also, I disconnected the PC and disabled the WiFi but still no transmission, but I can receive faxes.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please reset the printer...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Instructions to change the machine back to its default settings.

Make sure that the machine is turned on

Press the Setup button.

Select Device settings, then press the OK button.

The Device settings screen is displayed.

Use the button to select [Reset setting], then press the <OK> button.

Press the up or down arrow to select one of the below options and then press <OK>.
Telephone number only
Setting only
Reset both

Telephone number only: Reverts the telephone number settings to default.
Setting only: Reverts the machine settings other than the telephone number settings, such as the page size, media type, and other settings, to default.
Reset both: Reverts both the machine and telephone number settings to default.

Use the button to select [Yes] on the confirmation screen, then press the <OK> button.

Press the <COPY> button to return to the COPY menu.

Note: Reverts all settings you made to the machine since purchase back to default. However, some data may not be erased, depending on the current usage state of your machine.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Try to do and let me know if it helps...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good Day to you...

Customer:

Yes, resetting allowed me to transmit a fax. Thank you.

Customer:

But, when I tried to receive a fax, I had to go back to the Fax Only setting in the Fax Menu. I think this is because when my fiancee first had the fax line set up, she received too many faxes so she asked COMCAST to keep the fax line from ringing so much. So, now to receive a fax we have to switch the Fax setting to Fax Only, but change it back to Telephone Priority Mode for transmission. Thanks again.

Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience: Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems