Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

my esp3 printer will not print black and prints color very

my esp3 printer will not print black and prints color very light have just insalled new kokak cartridges
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Please try the old cartridge and see if you get the same problem
If you don't then the new cartridge is defective and should be returned and exchanged for another
If it does give you the same problem please try the following

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there
If it is it means the print head has failed
In order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced
The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself
The print head has seperate nozzles for each cartridge so it can print black for example and the color print blank even if the print head has failed.
It also works the same way with the detection of the cartridges.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my printer is barley out of warranty and has had verry limited use i tried every thing you suggested but it didnot help i gess the printing heads are bad .i will be buying a new printer but you bet your ass it won,t be a kodak in fact i will never buy anything with the kodak name on it again thanks for your help!