John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Brother HL-2040 printer with paper jam. I have run through

Brother HL-2040 printer with paper jam. I have run through all steps for clearing jam, but light stiil blinking. I did pull the jammed paper out first without reading instructions. Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow the steps below from the REAR of the printer:

1. Open the back cover.
  1. Pull the tab toward you to open the rear chute cover.
  1. Pull the jammed paper out of the fuser unit. If the jammed paper cannot be pulled out easily, push down the tab with one hand as you gently pull the paper out with other.
  1. Close the back cover
    Source:brother.com

2. Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

3. If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already tried all the steps in the manual for clearing the jam, including the one you just sent. There is not any paper jammed in the printer that I can find. I did remove one piece of paper at the time of the jam, but the printer still I thinks it has a problem.

Mary Beaty 30 years as software developoer

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
That's weird. Please try unplugging the printer from the electricity outlet for 5 minutes, then plug it back. Does it work now?

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I really have tried all of these things that usually work. I did unplug again for 5 minutes, but it still thinks there is a jam. If I did miss a small piece of paper, I cannot find it. Maybe I just broke it when I pulled the paper out without reading the instructions. When I turn the power off/on it stops the bootup series when it gets to the paper light, There is paper in the paper tray.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Yes, the paper jam sensor may be defective now. Please check using a flashlight, to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.

If no luck, remove all paper from the machine and then blow out the feed roller and paper tray thoroughly with compressed air three or four times.

Please test the machine and let me know the results.

Does it work now?

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I looked inside using flashlight, but I do not have any compressed air here. Paper light still flashing. Maybe I'll have to take it to a repair shop. It might just be cheaper to buy a new one than to try to get it fixed. I'm about ready to give up unless you have a really excellent idea. I appreciate your help.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately I think the printer will need to be repaired or replaced. If you prefer to buy a new one, Amazon has very good prices usually with free shipping and no tax. Click here for more info ---> http://tiny.cc/AmazonPrinters

Thank you

John Cappucci

John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience: CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.