Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My printer - HP photosmart C8180 all-in-one - is not printing.

Customer Question

My printer - HP photosmart C8180 all-in-one - is not printing. The writing in the window says:
"ink system failure, error Oxc 19a0035
Please help
Thanks
Ella (XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX)
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

Please do this and let me know

1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the HP All-in-One.
2. Wait for the unit to go to the sleep mode. Wait for 60 seconds.
3. Press and hold Print Photos & Photo Fix
buttons simultaneously on the control panel; keep them pressed and reconnect the power cord to the All-in-One.
4. Continue pressing the buttons until the display goes blank or Reset shows on the control panel display.

Let me know result

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is no button of " photo fix" on my control panel!
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Please remove all cartridges. Using a moist cloth clean the golden contacts on cartridge as well as printer. Use a moist cloth to clean the nozzle of cartridge. Dont insert the cartridge yet.

Please do this :
1. Remove the power cable from printer. Remove the USB cable that connects printer to computer (remove it from printer as well as computer's usb port)
2. Press the printer power button and keep pressed for 3 minutes then release
3. Now plug in the power cable and usb cable (connect printer to computer) and power on the printer.

Then plug in the cartridges.

Now see if its working fine. Let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did not test yet your second suggestion. I'll do it tomorrow and let you know if it solved the problem
Ella
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.

No worries, do it and let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried your second suggestion too: prints a couple of orders and then gives me again the "ink system failure" notice
Ella
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.
Hi

In that case the print heads have failed and needs to be replaced

You will have to send the printer to HP for getting them replaced. If in warranty, HP will replace it for free ... else there will be a charge.

If not in warranty, it would be more feasible to buy a new printer.

Here are numbers for US HP Support :
800-HP invent
or
800-474-6836

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid.