Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have the error message Oxc05d2281 on my HP Photosmart 3210

Customer Question

I have the error message Oxc05d2281 on my HP Photosmart 3210 and it will not print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.

PRINTERCAT :

Hi, this is Michelle and i will be assisting you

PRINTERCAT :

please try the below steps first

PRINTERCAT :

please take out the print cartridge

wait for the insert cartridge message to appear

unplug the power cord...Clean the golden contacts of the cartridge with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol

wait for 2-3 minutes

plug the power cord back in

turn the unit on and reinsert the cartridges

check for functionality

PRINTERCAT :

let me know the status once done

Customer:

I have tried what was suggested I.E taken out all the six Ink cartridges and cleaned all the contacts but the message still appears -that the ink supply is not working and repeating the error message Oxc05d2281

PRINTERCAT :

does it say something like ink system failure on the display

PRINTERCAT :

please let me know if in addition to the error code you get any error messages as well

Customer:

Yes the error message does say that there is an 'ink system failure

PRINTERCAT :

ok

PRINTERCAT :

well in that case it seems to be an issue withe the printhead

PRINTERCAT :

usually this requires a replacement of the printhead

PRINTERCAT :

however you may try one step

PRINTERCAT :

turn off unit...remove cartridges...remove the printhead..clean printhead contact point with cotton and alcohol

PRINTERCAT :

reinsert and check

PRINTERCAT :

if you still recieve the error then its a printhead failure and would require replacement

PRINTERCAT :

if unit is within warranty cover then get it serviced through HP else need to take it to a local repair shop

PRINTERCAT :

let me know if you have any queries

Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Expert:  Andy replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

Please do this and let me know.

Reset the system by holding down the OK, Cancel, Black, and Color buttons down at the same time and turn the printer off.

Keep holding the buttons down until the printer shuts off and the turn it back on.

You will have to turn the printer off twice and then it will recalibrate.

Let me know

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

(You need to click ACCEPT even if you are a SUBSCRIPTION or TRIAL member)

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.