Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors

Where is the Scanner lock switch on the canon mp830

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.

PRINTERCAT :

Hi, this is Michelle and i will be assisting you

PRINTERCAT :

please let me know if you are recieving any error codes on the printer

PRINTERCAT :

Please lift the document cover to open it

PRINTERCAT :

there will be small gray slide type switch on the top of the scanner, near the front left corner of the glass

PRINTERCAT :

slide the switch back and forth few times ensuring that the switch rests in the unlock position

PRINTERCAT :

once done turn off the unit and after a minute or so turn it back on

PRINTERCAT :

let me know the status

PRINTERCAT :

Full Size Image

PRINTERCAT :

here is an image as well for you

Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well the original error message on print request has reappeared. Error 5C10

Please help. I have switched off, then back on again and still the same.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.

please try the below steps

1.On the operator panel, press and hold the <ON/OFF> button for one second. (The display will go blank.)

2.Wait approximately ten seconds and then press the <ON/OFF> button again.

3.Wait until the device has completed its cycling process before submitting another job request.

also try the below

1. With the printer powered on, PRESS AND HOLD DOWN the <Stop/Reset> button then press the ON/OFF button.

2. Once the printer is powered off, hold down <Stop/Reset> and then press <ON/OFF>.

If even after performing the above steps the error repeats then the issue mighte be related to internal circuit board failure

if the unit is within warranty please contact canon to get the unit serviced.

however, in case its out of warranty, then my personal suggestion would be to take a repair quote from a local repair shop and based on the price decide whether you would like to go in for a new unit ans repairs for such service errors are costly and its better to opt in for a new unit.

let me know if you have any queries.