Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems
383181

my canon pixma mp495 is dispaying an error code P03 and refuses

Customer Question

my canon pixma mp495 is dispaying an error code P03 and refuses to function wireless and with cable this is the second time ive used it sine i bought it in january what is the code, what is wrong with it, how do i fix it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 3 years ago.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Sir,

Sandeep Pamarati :

Happy to help you...

Sandeep Pamarati :

In this case need to follow the below steps....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Paper Feed Roller
If the Paper Feed Roller is dirty or paper powder is attached to it, paper may not be fed properly.
In this case, clean the Paper Feed Roller. Cleaning will wear out the Paper Feed Roller, so perform this only when necessary.
You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and remove any paper from the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Clean the Paper Feed Roller without paper.
a. Press the (Maintenance) button repeatedly until b appears.

b. Press the <Black> or <Color> button.
The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as it is cleaned.
4. Clean the Paper Feed Roller with paper.
a. Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller has stopped rotating, and load three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
b. Make sure that b appears on the LED, then press the <Black> or <Color> button.
The machine starts cleaning. The cleaning will be completed after the paper is ejected.
c. After the cleaning is completed, press the <Stop/Reset> button to return the LED to the copy standby mode.

Sandeep Pamarati :

-----------------------------------------

Sandeep Pamarati :

Instructions to set the default printer in Windows. The default printer will be the printer automatically used when printing unless otherwise specified.
1. Open the Printers Folder:

For Windows 7
o Click the 'Start' button from the bottom left of the Windows screen, and then click on 'Devices and Printers'.
For Windows Vista
o Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, 'Control Panel', 'Hardware and Sound', and then click on 'Printers'. Note: If you are in 'Classic' view, Click 'Printers' directly from the 'Control Panel'.
For Windows XP Home Edition
o Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, 'Control Panel,' 'Printers and Other Hardware,' and 'Printers and Faxes.'

For Windows XP Professional Edition
o Click 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, and 'Printers and Faxes.'

For Windows 2000/Me/98
o Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, and 'Settings,' then 'Printers.'
2. If there is more than one Canon printer icon shown, right-click on 'Copy 2' (or higher) of your model?s icon.

3. Left-click on 'Set as Default Printer' from the menu that appears to specify the printer as the default.

4. When the printer has been set as the default printer, a checkmark is displayed beside the printer icon.

Note: If any duplicate copies of the printer exist in the Printers window, you may delete them. To delete the previous copies, right-click on the printer icon and select 'Delete' or 'Remove'.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Let me know if it helps...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good Day to you sir...

Customer :

non of this helps i have tried all this before the printer does not function at all it is completely un responsive no matter what buttons i press the only button that it responds to is the power button on or off that is it

Sandeep Pamarati :

oh okay...

Sandeep Pamarati :

did you find any error sir...

Customer :

the error is still there so ive decided to return it to the manufacturer under consumer rights act

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay sir....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Now you need to contact the service person sir...

Sandeep Pamarati :

If you need service details let me know....

Sandeep Pamarati :

I will help you....