Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

kodak 5200 series. ink levels ok but wont print. Paper comes

kodak 5200 series. ink levels ok but won't print. Paper comes out blank
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there
If it is it means the print head has failed
In order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced
The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself
The print head has seperate nozzles for each cartridge so it can print black for example and the color print blank even if the print head has failed.
It also works the same way with the detection of the cartridges.

When the machine starts printing out blank pages it means that the print head has failed and needs to be replaced.
The print head is the part of the printer that puts the ink from the cartridges onto the page.
I would call around first before buying the part because unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Your answer partialy worked. I did all you said and it printed one page but faintly. It would not print a second page. Also when trying to print an envelope it always comes out "unable to detect the edge"
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
If it came out faintly that still indicates there is a problem with the print head. It either needs to be cleaned some more or it has indeed failed and needs to be replaced. As for the envolopes move the paper guides out and then put them back in so it will redect the edge.

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience