Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.
46422908

MFC-7340 I have a Drum Error see Troubleshooting and routine

Customer Question

MFC-7340
I have a Drum Error see Troubleshooting and routine maintenance chapter in user guide. I have misplaced my user guide and just wondering what needs to be done to get my printer working.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Hi. I am Rick. I will be your expert.

Give this a try and see if it works for you.

Commonly caused by High voltage discharge or arcing from a dirty primary charger corona and grid.

You need to clean your drum unit.
Open the front door and pull out the Drum unit.
Look on top of it for a small (usually) blue slider, sitting in a 10mm slot that runs the length of the Drum unit. This is the corona cleaner.
Slide this back and forth about 6 times, ensuring you return it to the original starting position.
Reinstall the Drum unit and try printing.....

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Rick, I have pulled out the drum unit and slid back and forth the slider and still coming up with same error message.

Regards

Jodie

Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
If that does not work you may have to replace the drum unit. There are no other user solutions for that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where do you buy drum units from?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
I would recommend ordering it from Brother so you get a genuine part with their guaranty
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ryan,

I am not happy to accept your answer as I had already tried what you told me to do and it didnt work then, and offered no other solution other that I need to replace the drum so I believe you work able to fix my problem.

Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
I fully agree. THere was no real help I was able to give you. You do not have anything to accept for. I wish I was able to help you more. Have a great day anyway.