Matthew
Matthew, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. EE, Web Developer, and Network Consultant
42349216

Canon Pixma MP210 How do I scan When I press the scan button

Customer Question

Canon Pixma MP210 How do I scan? When I press the scan button nothing happens.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Matthew replied 5 years ago.

Hi there,

The canon site looks like it is having some problems right now. But in a few minutes you should be able to go to it.

The problem is you do not have the required software installed on your computer for it to use advanced features of the printer. You can download and install the software here.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp210

Just click on the button that says "drivers and software" and then follow the instructions for your particular machine.

Let me know if you need any more help!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Matthew, I seem to be unable to complete all the commands. I found argb1998win141ea24.exe which i downloaded but it is not running. I found it as a .zip file but when i dubble click nothing happens. I also hope i chose one that will work since the others seemed inappropriate(Vista?). Thanx
Expert:  Matthew replied 5 years ago.

I see. Okay tell me a little about your system so i can give you the correct steps. What operating system are you using (windows xp, windows vista, windows 7)?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Matthew,

I've tried again an i think i went further than last night. I followed all the steps as the Wizard said, connecting my printer, switching it on etc. I did restart my labtop and the system said "you have to restart your system". So I did it again with the same result.

I have windows 7 Prof., CS3 and Adobe Reader 9. Does that help u?

Thanx

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

M.

I see now that i have teamviewer???

Expert:  Matthew replied 5 years ago.

Alright, let me try and explain what you'll need to do.

First off, you can have one of two kinds of windows 7. There is windows 7 (64-bit) or windows 7 (32-bit). 32 bit is a little more common because it's cheaper. To find out, look for the "My Computer" icon, right click, and go to properties. Then you will see a giant list of information. Under "System Type" it will say either 32-bit or 64-bit.

Now, lets get the correct software

FOR 32-BIT

Click here:

Press drivers and software

Select Windows 7

Click the file called mp210swin101ea24.exe

Press "I agree" and Run the file

Restart your computer and it should be ready to go.

FOR 64-BIT

Click here:

Press drivers and software

Select Windows 7 (x64)

Click the filecalled mp210swin64101ea24.exe

Press "I agree" and Run the file

Expert:  Matthew replied 5 years ago.
Did this work for you? Let me know if you would like more help
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, on thursday I saw I have a 32-Bit labtop so I followed the download instructions. On friday mweb was down. I am playing around again because when I restart nothing new appears and it says your system need to restart (same as last). So let me see what I can figure out. Thanx