Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My HP Officejet 6500 wireless is printing sideways and in very

<p>My HP Officejet 6500 wireless is printing sideways and in very small type. It also takes about 11 pages to print a small one page document, printing only a small portion on each page. How can a computer illiterate like me correct this problem? Thanks.</p><p>I entered my Visa info, but computer will not allow me to go any farther to recieve my answer.</p>
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Go to Start - Control Panel - Printers, and double-click on the icon representing your printer (whichever one it is.)
That will open a small window, the queue window, in which the print jobs are displayed. You will need to clear all the jobs out of the queue and empty the window, either one-by-one (selecting each and choosing Documents - 'Cancel') or all at once by doing Printer - 'Cancel All Documents'.

Once the print queue is cleared, you need to try printing again - something simple, and with the queue window still open: Go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - Notepad, type in a few words, and choose File - Print to send a simple job to your printer.

Does that (Notepad print) just stick in the queue? then clear it out of the queue (after giving it a minute or two to try to get printed), and try a hard reset of your printer:

Turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by suddenly and sharply unplugging it from the power source.
Also unplug it from the computer!
Leave it that way for 10 minutes.
Plug it back in.
Turn it on if it didn't turn itself on. Wait for it to initialize.
Try printing again.

And if THAT doesn't work, then reply back to me with information as to
- What type/version of Windows you have on your computer? (Start - Control Panel - System will show it, including the vital info as to whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit Windows.)
- What program were you printing from, when you first had the error with the small printing on 11 pages ?
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience: 11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Russell,

I thank you for your time and expertise in helping with my computer/printer problem. Before I had the chance to try your solution, my son came over and switched my printer from "landscape" mode to "portrait" mode. Somehow that corrected the sideways print, and it's now printing single pages, as it should. I don't know what else he did.

Like I said, I appreciate your efforts, and will click "accept". It's good to know there's someone out there to go to with computer problems.