bbl242003
bbl242003, Engineer
Experience:  Completed field work and Service Technician 2 years, Advanced Printing and Office essentials, A+ certified
55282750

Dell colour laser 1320c Printer shows blinking exclamation

Dell colour laser 1320c:
Printer shows blinking exclamation mark, does not print. Previous error message (blinking exclamation mark and other blinking lights) were analysed by troubleshooting as paper jam. There is NO paper jam, however. Some time ago I had a similar problem and was advised to clean a certain panel. What is this panel (I do not rember) and where is it? The printer is the most troublesome I ever had! Please advise.
Thanks, Doris
Category: Printers
Expert:  bbl242003 replied 3 years ago.

Hello welcome my name is Bruce, "When you finish reading the Solution please scroll to the bottom part of this email to read about rewarding me with the accepted answer"

***Your experiencing a communication error****

A. PLEASE CONFIRM THAT THE UNIT IS NOT PLUGGED INTO A POWER STRIP AND IS PLUGGED DIRECTLY INTO THE WALL

B. PRESS AND HOLD THE ON/OFF PANEL SWITCH, WHILE HOLDING THE SWITCH, DISCONNECT THE POWER CABLE, KEEP HOLDING THE SWITCH, RECONNECT THE POWER CABLE AFTER 15 SECONDS, WAIT 30 MORE SECONDS, THE RELEASE THE BUTTON,

ENSURE TO DIRECTLY CONNECT THE PRINTER TO THE COMPUTER THAT WILL PRINTING/FAXING/COPYING TO IT/FROM IT, LOCATE THE INSTALLATION CD FOR THE UNIT, PUT IT IN THE CDROM, THEN FOLLOW THE INSTALLATION WIZARD PROMPTS. (YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CONFIGURE THE WIRELESS SIDE OF THE PRINTER (AS LONG AS THE UNIT SUPPORTS WIRELESS) THROUGH THE SAME SETUP CD)THERE ARE LOTS OF UNKNOWN ACTIVITIES THAT HAPPEN WITH THIS SOLUTION. SUCH AS RESETTING YOUR NETWORK CONNECTIONS, RESETTING YOUR PRINT SETTINGS, AND REFRESHING ALL CONFIGURATIONS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CD OR HAVE LOST IT, PLEASE FOLLOW UP WITH ME. PROCEED to the following if you have already located the install file via a download site.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FILE TO YOUR DESKTOP
DISABLE ANY FIREWALLS, AND ANTIVIRUS PROGRAMS TEMP.
INSTALL THE SOFTWARE “by double left clicking on the downloaded file” AND WAIT FOR YOUR SYSTEM TO PROMPT YOU TO CONNECT THE UNIT, THEN CONNECT THE UNIT!

Please DO NOT leave negative feedback. If my answer does not work for you, let me know and I will happily provide more relevant information. Please do not forget to ACCEPT this answer so that I may get paid. PLEASE continue to ask me questions if you have not reached resolution. I aim for 100 percent customer satisfaction in hope that you will return again for more expert assistance from a verified justanswer expert! I believe in positive feedback from all my clients! If your unhappy, continue to ask me questions until we find satisfaction in our client/expert relationship.Thank you for trusting justanswer to provide you with everyday expert solutions!We hope you will return again soon! WHEN YOU HAVE DECIDED THAT THIS IS THE SOLUTION FOR YOU, THEN PLEASE ACCEPT EVEN IF YOU’RE A MEMBER, HAVE SUBSCRIPTION, TO INCLUDE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTIONS. NOTE, CAPS ARE ONLY USED TO ASSIST WITH READING EMPHASIZED AREAS AND AREAS OF HIGH IMPORTANCE.

bbl242003, Engineer
Experience: Completed field work and Service Technician 2 years, Advanced Printing and Office essentials, A+ certified