Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

My printer (CANON MG 5220) is not responded. I have tried

My printer (CANON MG 5220) is not responded. I have tried re-doing the wireless conenction set up process, but it still doesn't print rom my laptop (which it used to do perfectly well).
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm Bernie and I'll be the technician helping you today. Sorry to hear you're having this issue.

On your laptop:

What version of Microsoft Windows you are using?

Windows XP has a green rectangle that says Start in the lower left corner of the screen.

If the button is round, click it, then right click computer and select properties. It will tell you if you have Windows Vista or 7 there. Please tell me.

I'll stand by for your reply.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have windows 7 (home edition)
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Thanks -
one more question on my side:

Is your Windows is 32 or 64 bit?

1. Click the Windows Logo button (Bottom left of screen)
2. Type system in the search box
3. Select system from the search results
4. Please find your System Type (32 or 64 bit) and post that in your next reply

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is 64 bits
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Great, lets try the following:

1. Unplug your printer connection from the computer
2. Click the Windows Logo button (Bottom left of screen)
3. Devices and Printers
4. Right click your printer and select remove and confirm
5. Exit the Devices and Printers window
6. Restart your comptuter

Then reconnect the printer to your computer with the usb and windows should find it and try to add it again.

Once it has done that, please download the latest drivers for your printer here:

CLICK HERE

Select Windows 7 x64 from the drop down box.

Then under drivers, pick the 4th file down, mg5200swin104ejs.exe and download it. Sav the setup file to your computer, and run it after it is done to install the latest drivers for your printer.

Let me know if the issue persists by posting back to this page so that I can provide with further directions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thhe printer is wireless so it isn't connected to my computer and there is nothing to unplug. Should I omit this step or do something different in the beginig
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Does the printer connect to any computer locally?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The only cord going into it is the power cord...
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
No worries - please go ahead and skip step one and proceed, thanks for letting me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I got up to step 6 but there is nothing to reconnect to the computer with a USB. How should i proceed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I figured it out - thanks!
Expert:  Bernie replied 3 years ago.
Sorry - I had to step away for a moment, please let me know if you have any other questions on this issue. Sometimes you just have to reinstall the printer like that, but you shouldn't have to do it again for a while.

Thank you,
Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Experience: 6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified