Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Cannon Printer MX870 How do I change the ink cartridges? There

Customer Question

Cannon Printer MX870 How do I change the ink cartridges? There is that little blue piece of plastic that is tricky, I 've done it once and can't figure it out again.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
  1. Pull the orange tape (1) in the direction of the arrow to peel off the protective film and remove the film (2) completely.

2. While pressing down with your left thumb, twist off the orange protective cap (A) located on the bottom of the ink tank.

Caution : Do not hold the sides of the ink tank; ink may splash.

3. Install the Ink Tank

Press the PUSH mark on the ink tank until it clicks into place.

Make sure the Ink lamp lights red.

Caution :Be sure to install it in a well-lit environment

Important : Match the labels when installing.

4. Install all the other ink tanks in the same way.

Install all the ink tanks.

Caution :Once you have installed the ink tanks, do not remove them unnecessarily.

Important : Make sure all the Ink lamp lights red.

5. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover) slightly to set the Scanning Unit Support back to its original position, and gently close the Scanning Unit (Cover).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I asked about the blue plastic piece of equipment that prevents the tank holder from opening. You did not answer my question which was what do I do about that blue plastic piece that won't let me open the tank supply. I asked NOTHING about unwrapping the ink cartridges, which I always knew how to do. That is not worth paying you. I still can not install the cartridges because I CANT GET THE BLUE PLASTIC PIECE OUT OF THE WAY>
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I still need to know how to safely remove that blue plastic. It is supposed to act as a stand to keep the top open so that the ink cartridge supply is available for changing, however, I can't get it to open. There is a trick to it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you don't know JUST TELL ME.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Ah I think you are taklking about the print head. What I just gave you was how to change the cartridge here is both the print head and the cartridges.

1. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover), then hold it open with the Scanning Unit Support (A).

The Print Head Holder moves to the replacement position.

2. Raise the Print Head Lock Lever (E).

Caution : Firmly raise the Print Head Lock Lever until it stops. (The Print Head Lock Lever may feel heavy.)

Note : If the Print Head Holder does not move, make sure that the machine is turned on.

3. Remove the Print Head from the silver package.

Caution : There may be some transparent or light blue ink on the inside of the bag the Print Head comes in, or the inside of the protective cap - this has no effect on print quality. Be careful not to get ink on yourself when handling these items. Be careful not to stain your hands.

4. Remove and discard the orange protective cap.

5. Tilt the Print Head and set it in place. Lower the Print Head Lock Lever (E) completely.

Caution : Do not knock the Print Head against the sides of the Holder.

Be sure to install it in a well-lit environment.

Pinch the Print Head Lock Lever firmly and lower it gently.

Once you have installed the Print Head, do not remove it unnecessarily.

Install the Ink Tanks

3. Install the Ink Tank

Make sure the Ink lamp lights red.

Install all the ink tanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not accepting an answer that does not answer my question.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Well I have given you now how to remove and replace both the print head and the ink cartridges so good luck I will opt out.