John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

The ink absorber in my Pixma iP2600 printer is almost full.

Customer Question

The ink absorber in my Pixma iP2600 printer is almost full. I believe I need a replacement part and installation instructions.
Thank You. Norm Vaughn [email protected]
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Now, just push the Resume/Cancel button in order to keep printing. Soon you will get another message "Waste Ink Tank is full" and you won't be able to print anymore. You can reset that message (when you get it) following the steps below, if you need to print something urgent:

1: Power off printer
2: Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper will sound once.
3: Hold POWER and release RESUME
4: Press RESUME twice, then release all buttons
5: When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three or four times. The indicator should be orange.
6: Press Power to set data

You will need to call Canon directly at 1-800-OK-CANON in order to make an appointment to replace the ink pads. The procedure is very difficult and messy, and includes the disassemble of the printer, so it should be done by a technician.

Please note I do NOT work for CANON so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated