John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Canoscan LIDE 100 buttons do not work. They have been configured

Canoscan LIDE 100 buttons do not work. They have been configured in MP-3
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please let me know if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Right click the "Computer" icon on your desktop and select Properties to figure it out.

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Win XP Professional SP3
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Please try scanning using Paint, following the steps below:

1- From your computer, click Start, All Programs, Accessories
2- Click on Paint to open it
3- Click File, and select "From Scanner or Camera"
4- Make any changes you would like and click "Scan"

5- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

6- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
does not make buttons on scanner work.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
OK, but it is working from the computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes but I want the 4 buttons on the scanner to work without having to open MP-3 like it did when I first started using it.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
OK, please unplug the scanner from the computer, then plug it back to a DIFFERENT USB port on the computer. Wait 60 seconds, then try to use the buttons of the scanner.

Does it work?

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci