Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

when i tried to print my monthly Wells Fargo statements on

Customer Question

<p>when i tried to print my monthly Wells Fargo statements on my PC, all that printed was the template/logo/boxes etc. None of the actual numbers or check payees etc. came through. I talked to Wells Fargo online specialist. He tried a fw things and said he thought I needed to ask you guys. Maybe I had to get a newer version of Adobe. I got a new security program, now using AVG instead of Norton Antivirus. Is it maybe a firewall or somee protection thing or something? Thanks for any advice.</p><p>Also9,  I just remembered someone told me if you have 2 anti virus programs they can block downloading.  My Norton has expired but it keeps sending me messages about tracking cookie threats and  I wondered if AVG and  Norton somehyow are opposing each other so I can't download the Adober Acrobat versions I need to access the Wells Fargo info.  Is that possible?  Thanks. </p>
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi - I am sorry that you have not gotten a response sooner.

Given that it has been awhile since you posted your question, I would like to ask first of all, whether you still need help and an answer to your question? (This must be asked since you may have solved the problem or found a solution on your own or by other means in the interval since you posted your question.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes please. I still need help.
There are some things to try that the Wells Fargo specialist may not have thought of - and I doubt that the problem is something on their side anyway.

1. Try going into
File - Print Preview,
just before you send the print job (which provides an accurate simulation on your screen of how your printout should look, page by page), and see whether what is shown there has all the info that you wish the printout to contain.

2. Try changing the font settings in the print driver. Specifically, some fonts are on the computer, others are on the printer, and if what is displayed in Print Preview is in the computer's font, and what is printed on the printer is in the printer's font equivalent to that, there can sometimes be gross disparities. But I doubt that's what is wrong in this case, at a guess...

3. Since you reportedly have an HP Deskjet 2240 printer... I will need the real model # of your printer to help you. HP does not produce any such printer, not with a model # of 2240.
I will await that info before giving you further advice on the subject.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Regulatory model number on bottom of printer says VCVRA 0706. On the top of the printer it says HP Deskjet F2240.
I can now locate information on the HP Deskjet F2240 - this printer:

graphic
View Full Image

Please make a self-test print from the printer, once, as follows:

Press and hold the Cancel button (
View Full Image
), and then press the Start Copy Color button
(
View Full Image
).

The self-test print ought to look like this - does it?:

graphic
View Full Image

Please pay especial notice, in examining your own self-test sheet, as to whether the fainter print comes out OK, and whether all colors and black print are all normally present.

Is it normal, or not?

Also let me know whether Print Preview for a doc. you sent to print, looked normal?