Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.

My Canon MX850 printer will not turn on after a power flicker

My Canon MX850 printer will not turn on after a power flicker (which did not affect my CPU or any other hardware that was plugged in). Tried unplugging and replugging. From a search on the Internet, this seems like a common problem with Canon printers -- possibly a design flaw -- but I can't find a solution listed. Can you help me? Thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Hi. I am Rick. I will be your expert.

The problem is quite common with these printers. If your power cord has a small box along the cord then all that is needed is to replace the cord. If the cord is just a cord then the power transformer is inside the printer on the logic board and it will need to be taken to a shop to have it fixed. The circuits are very sensitive and short out quite easy.