Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a HP Photosmart C8180 which I am trying to make compatible

I have a HP Photosmart C8180 which I am trying to make compatible with Win 7. My computer is new but the printer about 2 years old. I have downloaded the "new version" from the website, but I cannot scan. Error messages appear . HP update could not find scanned image or document files after scanning completes. Supposedly the error is 0x00000015 (the device is not ready) Norton tells me I am missing or have an invalid HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\(109F62DD-A274-4f75-9A88-3F982B953547)\T...
(default)=C:Program files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\AbaleZip.dll,101. Please help me with a solution. Thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

When scanning with HP Solution Center, you can scan a photo or a document, but HP Solution Center does not save the scan to your designated folder. The Scan button on the product’s control panel might not operate correctly. This issue occurs in Windows 7, or when using a version 13 print driver in Windows XP or Vista.SolutionHP has created an update to update your driver and resolve the issue.
  1. Right-click the following link, and then click Open in New Window .
    Link to tool (right-click)
    Critical Update: Cannot find scanned image or document files after scanning completes
  2. Make sure your computer meets the system requirements, and then click Download .
  3. Choose one of the following options to download the update to the computer.
    • If you want to install the update on the computer immediately, click Run .
      NOTE: Click Run again if the computer displays a Security Warning message.
    • If you want to install the update at a later time, click Save , select a destination on the computer for the file to save, and then click Save . When the download is complete, click the downloaded file.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Scanning is not possible. Why can't I just scan from the start menu on the printer? I had to go to the solution center and then the document just barely got scanned and then hung up.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can I buy a CD for Win 7 that is compatible with my Printer All in One C8180?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
Yes you can do so.You need to pay the shipping charges and HP will send you the disc.You can order the disc from the link below.

https://warp2.external.hp.com/Driver/dr_country_select.asp?Product=CB744-10015&lang=en&cc=us
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Internet Explorer cannot open the link
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
Open the link below then Select Windows 7 from the drop down box and then click on "Next" button after that click on CD Rom Order Page.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3204788#N222
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p>You resolved absolutely nothing. I am still waiting for an answer to my original question. I hope you will not charge me, if you decide to drop the case.</p><p>I cannot scan  with my All-in-One HP Photosmart C8180.  I have a new CP and my printer is 2 years old and not compatible.  The "GEEK" downloaded a version for Win 7 to no avail.  One of your experts Sudipto tried to help and let me download some update I believe it was.  But that too did not work.  The Scan gets hung up.My payment is still on you books and I hope you will be able to help.  By the way my husband is deceased and the accounts are now all in my name Irmgard Heidgen</p>
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
You have asked me that,if you can order the disc for Windows 7 or not and I have provided you the link for that and now you are replying that I resolved nothing.Anyway,do you have installed the update after downloading it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I received an E-mail from a tech Sudipto supposedly with answers referred to a link which was not listed. I am still awaiting some sort of a reply to my question in regards XXXXX XXXXX printer, which will not scan with Win 7. I have an all-in-one Photosmart C8180. You are holding my money in the account. I hope you will review and give me a solution if possible.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Mr Sudipto made me download some update I believe it was to make my printer compatible which my 2 yr old HP printer with Win 7. It just will not scan. Anyway my problem persists and I hope you can give me an answer, which the e-mail I received from you did not do, because there is no link.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not sure what else I can tell you. I just finished diagnosing the printer and the problem found is as follows:The scan driver is missing or corrupt. Will that help to give me a solution?