Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

i have an hp photosmart c5280 all-in-one.the carriage seems

i have an hp photosmart c5280 all-in-one.the carriage seems to be stuck on the right side of the printer.when i turn it on i get a clicking sound.it won't print or do any of the functions it's suppose to.i tried to use your support video but the printer won;t go to a position where i can try anything.there is no paper jam.is there some way i can free the carriage without forcing it?i believe the carriage should move freely even when it is not in use.is this correct?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
You may just have a tab on one of the cartridges stuck in the open position. Turn off the machine and unplug it then check the cartridge manually move it over and make sure they are on correctly and tight. Then manually move it back again and plug the machine in and turn it back on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.