John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Kodak ESP5250 printer will not make Wi-Fi connection to

My Kodak ESP5250 printer will not make Wi-Fi connection to Verizon Router RN3G0
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please let me know if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Right click the "Computer" icon on your desktop and select Properties to figure it out.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
vista 32 bit
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK, thank you!. Please follow the steps below:

1- Click here ---> http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/tutorials/index.jhtml?id=0.1.30.26&lc=en&pq-path=4688&CID=go&idhbx=tutorials

2- Click "Select Product Type" and select "Printers"

2- Click "Select Product Category" and select "All in one printers"

3- Click "Select a topic" and select "ESP 5200 Series Installation"

4- Click GO

5- A new window will appear. Scroll down and click the Number 6 "Setting up your wireless printer"

6- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

7- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
not able to make the connection.doing the same thing as before.will try the other wi fi unabled.bear with me.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK, please keep me posted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I still can't make the connection.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Is the printer asking for the network password?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have discovered my wireless gateway uses 64 bit WEp encription. My pc is 32 bit. My pc must be configured for 64 bit during setup. I don't know how to change this setup, can you help me.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Your computer may be 32 bits and the wep encryption 64 bit without any problem. Is the printer asking for the network password?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. Please follow the steps below from your computer already connected to internet, and you will see the network password.

Click here ----->http://wikisend.com/download/967476

Then click "Download file"

Then click "Run" or "OPEN" when prompted. Otherwise click Save and save the file to your desktop, then double click it to run it.

And you will see your password XXXXX (under Key(HEX) and Key(Ascii), try both)

Enter the network password XXXXX the printer asks for it.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience: CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this program will not download on my computer. Sorry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry, the printer is not asking for a network password. It only wants the WEP key nos.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
The network password XXXXX XXXXX WEP key (it is the same but with different names). Why you cannot download the program I sent you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have solved the problem. My printer is now working