John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Why is my hp deskjet 3000 printer in pause mode...wont let

Customer Question

Why is my hp deskjet 3000 printer in "pause" mode...won't let me print? How do you get it out of that mode? (j310 series)
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please let me know if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Right click the "Computer" icon on your desktop and select Properties to figure it out.

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Vista ..32?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely using the Windows Install Cleanup TOOL and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the HP printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a Program

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://wikisend.com/download/887790 and click on "Download file" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any HP printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you).

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=dj-85598-3&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=2093&product=4066429&sw_lang=

And click the "Install now" OR "Download only>>" button. When the download is over please run the file

Select OPEN or RUN if prompted

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer and try to print

9- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

10- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My printer is wireless, do I still follow directions?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Yes, follow the same directions but disregard the "connect or disconnect the USB cable steps". When prompted select "network printer". Thank you

John Cappucci