Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems

my canon printer will not (PRINTER DATA ERROR)

Customer Question

my canon printer will not error message  (PRINTER DATA ERROR) canon FP-L170/L 380 the computer sent the printer say recieve but did not print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 3 years ago.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Hallo Sir,

Sandeep Pamarati :

Happy to help you...

Sandeep Pamarati :

In this case you need to follow the below option...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Solution: Replace the faulty USB cable with another one

Sandeep Pamarati :

It will resolve your problem sir...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Try to do and let me know the situations....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good Day to you sir....

Customer :

I change the USB cable same errow message and thank you

Sandeep Pamarati :

Cleaning the scanner components

Cleaning the Scanner Components

1. Disconnect the power cord from the machine.

2. Use both hands to gently open the operation panel (it only opens partially).

3. While holding the operation panel open, clean these components:

Separation guide and separation roller:
Wipe with a clean, soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
White sheet and scanning glass:
Wipe with a clean, soft, lint-free cloth moistened with water, then wipe with a clean, soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
* If the scanner components are dirty, the documents you send or copy will also be dirty.
* Be sure to use a soft cloth to avoid scratching the components.
* Do not use tissue paper, paper towels, or similar materials for cleaning; they can stick to the components or generate static charges.

4. Clean the underside of the operation panel (shaded area in the illustration).
* Dirt and dust particles that collect on the underside of the operation panel affect the quality of the documents you copy or send.

5. Use a clean, soft, dry, lint-free cloth to wipe any paper dust from the areas surrounding the separation roller (shaded area in the illustration).

6. When you are finished, close the operation panel by pressing it down from the center.
* Be sure to close the operation panel until it locks into place, or the machine will not function properly.

7. Reconnect the power cord.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please try to follow the above steps....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Let me know if it helps...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time....

Customer :

I went a got another printer by canon MF4350d because I could not solve this problem any way it printer for every program but one and the same message come up went trying to print. I did try cleaning it any way and try to use it again still same message and problem it will not print out nothing..

Sandeep Pamarati :

I have no more ideas sir...

Sandeep Pamarati :

let the other expert will handle this issue....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time sir....

Customer :

thank you for trying to help out

Customer :

think you the problem is solve I had to just unplug it, let sit plug back in then hit menu and reset fax setting, is a very good printer.