Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems
383181

I have a Canon MX860 printer. How do I make it enlarge an image

I have a Canon MX860 printer. How do I make it enlarge an image I wish to scan and print?
Jan
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 3 years ago.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Hallo Sir,

Sandeep Pamarati :

Happy to help you....

Sandeep Pamarati :

In this case you have to follow the below steps...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Iam providing the steps for windows if not let me know...

Sandeep Pamarati :

djusting Output (Scan) Resolution

By changing the resolution, you can set how clear the image is going to be.

The higher the resolution, the clearer (but the larger) the scanned image is.

The resolution can be changed before scanning.

(Note)

If the resolution is doubled, the image data will be quadrupled.

If the data is large, problems such as slow processing speed or lack of memory may occur.

To change standard scan settings using MP Navigator EX, click here

To change more advanced scan settings using the scanner driver, click here

Using MP Navigator EX

1.Place the document face-down on the platen glass.

2.Launch MP Navigator EX.
1.On the Windows desktop, double-click the 'MP Navigator EX' icon.
2.Alternatively, in the Windows taskbar, click 'Start', click '(All) Programs', 'Canon Utilities', 'MP Navigator' folder, then 'MP Navigator EX' icon.

3.Click 'Photos/Documents (Platen)' on the Scan/Import tab.

4.When the Photos/Documents (Platen) window is displayed, click 'Specify'.

5.When the Scan Settings window is displayed, select the resolution in Scanning Resolution drop-down.

Select from the following scanning resolutions:
[Text(OCR)]: 300/400
Other: 75/100/150/200/300/400/600

6.If necessary, set other items as well.

7.Click 'OK'.

8.In the Photos/Documents (Platen) window, click 'Scan' to start scanning.

Using the scanner driver

1. Launch MP Navigator EX.
2.Alternatively, in the Windows taskbar, click 'Start', click '(All) Programs', 'Canon Utilities', 'MP Navigator EX' folder, then 'MP Navigator EX' icon.

2. Click 'Photos/Documents (Platen)' on the Scan/Import tab.

3. When the Scan/Import window is displayed, check Use the scanner driver, then click Open Scanner Driver.

4. Change the resolution.
According to your purpose, set the resolution in Simple Mode with ease, or in Advanced Mode with a detailed setting.

To set the resolution in Simple Mode:

(A) Select the 'Simple Mode' tab.

(B) In Destination drop-down, select the resolution which suits the purpose.

To set the resolution in Advanced Mode:

(A) Select the 'Advanced Mode' tab.

(B) In Output Resolution drop-down, select one of the preset resolutions, or enter a number from 25 to 19200 to specify your favorite resolution.

5. In either Simple or Advanced Modes, select other settings as required and then click 'Scan' to start scanning.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Let me know if it helps....

Sandeep Pamarati :

thanks for your time...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good Day to you sir...

Customer :

I do have Windows, so hopefully this will work. I will try it and then get back with you. (I will step out of the chat room while I try these steps. Be back later.)

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay

Customer :

I have not had sufficient time to dedicate to learning this new thing, but I am working on it. That is no reflection on your work. I just need time to work with something until I understand it. I will be back in the chatroom about your answer soon.

Customer :

Thank you.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Okay... Sir....

Sandeep Pamarati :

any updates sir.

Customer :

I have not been able to get this to work even though I have tried to follow your instructions plus I tried going in through Picasa. It gives me only pieces of the page no matter what I do. If I could get the page to transfer into a Word doc, I could enlarge it from there, but so far no luck.

Customer :

Jan

Sandeep Pamarati :

now i have no more ideas ....

Sandeep Pamarati :

let the other expert will handle this issue...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good Day to you sir....

Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience: Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems