John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon MX700 printer. Im trying to scan a document.

I have a Canon MX700 printer. I'm trying to scan a document. 1. I press scan. 2. Screen says select PC. Local USB is highlighted. I press ok. 3. Document type shows on screen. I choose platen ( it is already highlighted) I press ok. 4. Save to PC is highlighted. I press ok. 5. I choose black. Screen says processing...please wait momentarily. Nothing happens - it goes back to the previous screen where I can choose black or color. Why won't it scan?
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please let me know if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Right click the "Computer" icon on your desktop and select Properties to figure it out.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mac OS X version 10.5.8
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. Please follow the steps below from your Mac computer:

1- Open Finder (the first icon on your dock)

2- Go to Applications

3- Double click "Preview"

4- Go to "File" menu

5- Click "Import from Scanner"

6- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

7- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I double click on preview, it won't let anything open up. I might add that when I tried to scan the document, the light bar never comes across to scan the document. I don't think it would be in preview.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. Please follow the steps below to install the newest scanner drivers for yous Canon MX700 device:

1- Click here ---> http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx700#DriversAndSoftware

2- Scroll down and then click the red triangle next to "Select OS" and select "Mac OS X"

3- Click "msd_-mac-mx700-13_9_1a-ea8_2.dmg" 10/15/2010 15.01MB

4- Select I Agree - Begin Download

5- Save the file to your desktop, then double click it to start the installation.

6- Try to scan now

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I click to start the installation. It brings up a page that eventually is called "untitled". I try it 4 times. I discover the same thing is downloading 4 times. In other words, it is not installing.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
That's weird. I have downloaded the file and uploaded again here ---> http://wikisend.com/download/457014/msd_-mac-mx700-13_9_1a-ea8_2.dmg

Please download that file from there, then double click it to start the installation

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing happens when I click on the download button. I have to stop now. I am out of time right now to pursue this. Also, it would be helpful to know - Am I doing something wrong in the scanning process or is there something wrong with the scanner or the computer?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
It seems the scanner software need to be installed again, that's why we are trying to accomplish.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay. I was hoping to go back through your instructions and make something work quick. I tried the last download again and it did download. Now the computer wants an administrator's name and password XXXXX order to install and I don't know it. The person who set up the computer doesn't know it either. I have this problem every time I want to install another program or an update. I probably can go no further with this question. What do you say?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
That's the same password XXXXX enter when you turn the computer ON. If you don't enter any password XXXXX you turn ON the computer, then leave it blank and just press ENTER when prompted.

Thank you

John Cappucci

John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience: CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My nephew came along and he got the documents to scan that I needed scanned. This avenue hasn't worked that great for me, but thanks for trying.