Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

how do you replace ink cartridges in a Canon Pixma MP560 p

how do you replace ink cartridges in a Canon Pixma MP560 printer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Follow the procedure below to replace them.

1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and open the Paper Output Tray gently.

2. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover) until it stops.
The Print Head Holder moves to the replacement position.
CAUTION
Do not hold the Print Head Holder to stop or move it forcibly. Do not touch the Print Head Holder until it stops completely.
IMPORTANT
  • Do not place any object on the Document Cover. It will fall into the Rear Tray when the Document Cover is opened and cause the machine to malfunction
  • Be sure to lift the Scanning Unit (Cover) with the Document Cover closed.
  • Do not touch the metallic parts or other parts inside the machine.
  • If the Scanning Unit (Cover) is left open, the Print Head Holder moves to the right. In this case, close and reopen the Scanning Unit (Cover).
NOTE
The machine may make operating noise when the Print Head Holder moves to the replacement position.

3. Remove the ink tank with the lamp flashing fast.
Push the tab (A) and lift the ink tank to remove.
Do not touch the Print Head Lock Lever (B).
IMPORTANT
  • Handle the ink tank carefully to avoid staining of clothing or the surrounding area.
  • Discard the empty ink tank according to the local laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.
NOTE
  • Do not remove two or more ink tanks at the same time. Be sure to replace ink tanks one by one when replacing two or more ink tanks.
  • For details on ink lamp flashing speed, see [Checking the Ink Status ]

4. Prepare the new ink tank.
(1) Take a new ink tank out of its package, pull the orange tape in the direction of the arrow to peel it off, then remove the film .

IMPORTANT
Make sure that the film is completely removed from the air hole (C).
If the air hole is blocked with the remaining film, ink may leak out or may not eject properly.

(2) Hold the orange protective cap (D) as indicated in the figure below, then twist and remove it from the bottom of the ink tank.
Remove the protective cap while holding it to prevent the ink from staining your fingers.
Discard the protective cap once it is removed.

IMPORTANT
Do not touch the electrical contacts (E) on the ink tank. It can cause the machine to malfunction or become unable to print.

IMPORTANT
  • If you shake the ink tank, the ink may spill out and stain your hands and the surrounding area. Be careful to handle the ink tank.
  • Do not squeeze the side of ink tanks as this may cause the ink to leak out.
  • Be careful not to stain your hands and the surrounding area with ink on the removed protective cap.
  • Do not reattach the protective cap once you have removed it. Discard it according to the local laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.
  • Do not touch the open ink port once the protective cap is removed, as this may prevent the ink from being ejected properly.

5. Install the new ink tank.
(1) Insert the front end of ink tank into the Print Head at a slant.
Make sure that the position of the ink tank matches the label.

(2) Press the mark (Push) on the ink tank until the ink tank snaps firmly into place.
Make sure that the ink lamp lights up red.
IMPORTANT
  • You cannot print if the ink tank is installed in the wrong position. Be sure to install the ink tank in the correct position according to the label on the Print Head Holder.
  • You cannot print unless all the ink tanks are installed. Be sure to install all the ink tanks.

6. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover) slightly, and then close it gently.

NOTE
  • If the error message appears after the Scanning Unit (Cover) is closed, refer to [
  • When you start printing after replacing the ink tank, the machine starts cleaning the Print Head automatically. Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the Print Head.
  • If printed ruled lines are misaligned or the print head position is misaligned, adjust the print head position.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
my Mother can not raise the Print Head holder!! the ink cartridges are not moving to the center - they are stuck to the right under the plastic cover unable to be accessed!!
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
Tell her to turn on the printer and then open the scanning unit until it stoped moving and then wait for the print head holder to move to replacment position.
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience: DIploma in Computer Hardware