Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

My Canon printer wont print any word documents.

Customer Question

My Canon printer won't print any word documents.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
It should be connected to the usb port which is a rectangle shape. Please connect it to that port and try to print. Then let me know the results including any errors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did as you told me and it did not print. It just puts out a blank sheet of paper.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
If you make a copy does it send out a blank sheet as well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did as you told me and it did not print. It just puts out a blank sheet of paper. It does send out a copy of the sheet I copied.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Is the copy blank?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No the copy is printed
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Please bookmark or favorite this page so you can get back to me.
Uninstall the printer from your mac.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the mac.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)
Restart the computer and reinstall the machine.
Only connect the usb cable when the mac asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It says the printer is offline. what does this mean? How do I uninstall the printer?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
This should also fix the offline message that means it is not connected. To uninstall it open your printers window then press the - button there and it should remove it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I uninstall the printer?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
To uninstall it open your printers window then press the - button there and it should remove it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I get to the printers window? Is it a drop down box at the top or an icon on the bottom of the screen?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When can I get some answers? Could this be a problem with this computer?