John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

i have a cannon MP530. alarm message is check cartridge UO52.

Customer Question

i have a cannon MP530. alarm message is check cartridge
UO52. I have changed all cartridges. Still won't work.
Printer will print of my pc microsoft windows computer. But won't work from from apple mac.
Regards
Robyn
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow ALL the steps below(source:canon.com)

Issue: ERROR LCD: CHECK CARTRIDGE U052

Solution: Reseating the MP530 print head

Reseating the Print Head

Reseat the print head to correct print issues or clear an error.

Reseat the Print Head:

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and press the <Open> button. (The paper output tray will open.)

*MP800R shown

2. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

Note: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.

3. Open the inner cover.

4. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.

5. Raise the print head lock lever.

6. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

Caution: Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>. Doing so may cause printing problems.

7. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

8. Insert ink tanks into the print head.

9. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

10. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.
    <8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.

Note: Click for Ink Tank Lamp indications.

11. Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover).

Caution: When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam fingers.

N
    ote: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.

Ink Tank Lamp indications

You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.

- On: The printer is ready to print.

- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.

- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.

- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The error message is still present and printer still not working.
Followed all the above steps
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
OK. Are you using genuine CANON cartridges?

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I am using refill cartridges, which I have used successfully for 2 years in this printer
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Ok, we have 2 options here. Please see below:

Option 1: the cartridges are defective (that happens sometimes). If you can, replace them by new and genuine Canon cartridges.

Option 2: If you replace the cartridges and you still get the same issue, then the printhead is defective. (The printhead is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page) Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace than the machine itself. If your printer is still in warranty you can call CANON directly at 1-800-OK-CANON and ask for a free printer replacement.

Also please remember that the printhead may become defective sooner with generic inks than with original inks.

Please note I do NOT work for CANON so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

Thank you

John Cappucci