Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

How do I remove the printhead for my mp530

Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

It seem the contacts on the print head are damaged and you have to replace the print head to resolve the issue but before that you can follow the steps below to remove the print head and then cleaning the copper contacts on them with a cotton swab dampaned in distilled water until they are clean after drying them check the issue if the problem persist then replace the print head to resolve the issue....

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and press the <Open> button. (The paper output tray will open.)

*MP800R shown

2. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

Note: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.

3. Open the inner cover.

4. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.

5. Raise the print head lock lever.

6. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

Print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>.

7. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

8. Insert ink tanks into the print head.

9. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

10. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.
    <8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.