Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

How do I get my Kodak ESP 5 printer to scan to my computer

How do I get my Kodak ESP 5 printer to scan to my computer???? I need this for my work-at-home business.
Thanks/Earl
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Do you use Windows 7?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I am using Window Vista Ultimate
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 years ago.
OK
Please follow the steps below and let me know.....

1. Open Windows Photo Gallery by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Photo Gallery.

2. Click File, and then click Import from Camera or Scanner.

3. In the Import Pictures and Videos window, click the scanner that you want to use, and then click Import.

4. In the New Scan dialog box, click the Profile list, and then click Photo. The default settings for scanning a picture are automatically displayed.

5. If you're using a scanner with a document feeder, click the Paper size list, and then click the size of the picture that you've placed on the scanner or click the size that most closely matches the picture.

6. Click the Color format list, and then click the color format that you want the scanned file to display.

7. Click the File type list, and then click the file type that you want to use to save the scanned file.

8. Click the Resolution (DPI) list, and then click the resolution, in dots per inch, that you want to use.

9. Adjust the brightness and contrast settings or type the values that you want to use.

10. To see how the picture will appear when it is scanned, click Preview. If needed, modify the scan settings, and then preview the picture again. Repeat these steps until you're satisfied with the preview results. Some scanners might require you to place the picture in the document feeder each time that you scan.

11. Click Scan. When the scan is complete, Windows Photo Gallery prompts you to tag the picture so that it's easier to organize or find later.

12. In the Tag these pictures (optional) list, type a tag name, and then click Import. Windows Photo Gallery displays the picture so you can view, fix, or organize it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I won't be able to do this today, as my printer needs a color cartridge and I won't be able

to get it until tomorrow. Just a note, that's the only thing I don't like about this printer. My Lexmark printer allowed me to continue printing without a color or black cartridge .

I will let you know tomorrow how this works.

Thanks/Earl

Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 years ago.
OK
Please remember to let me know..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

When I got to step 3, Kodak scanner not listed, only item listed is Easy Share AiO and a picture of a camera.

Thanks

Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 years ago.
Easyshare Aio is your scanner please select it and then follow the rest of the steps.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I selected it, and a dialog box comes up indicating, 'No new pictures or videos were found on this device'.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 years ago.
OK
Then close it and download and install the latest software for the printer and use it for scanning...

http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16430
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I already have my Kodak printer downloaded with copying & scanning abilities. I have been printing for the last 1 1/2 yr. I never needed to use the scanning mode. So why isn't on my system. I assumed since it was there, I could use it when needed.

Thanks/Earl

Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 years ago.
Please follow the steps below and let me know....

1. Place the original (document or photo) at the right front corner of the scanner glass.

2. Press Menu to display the main menu.

3. Press until Scan is selected.

4. Press Start.

5. When the Scanner dialog window displays on your computer, follow the prompts to finish the scanning process.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had to uninstall & downloaded new update.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 years ago.
I have already told you to do that but I don't know why you deny at that time anyway if you can scan from the printer now then I am very happy to hear that.