Jess, Technician
Experience:  Fix laser, dot matrix and deskjet printers

I cannot get my Lexmark X7675 Professional to connect too my

Customer Question

I cannot get my Lexmark X7675 Professional to connect too my wifi. Even when I use a direct cable to the router, I cannot print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Vcomputer replied 5 years ago.

If you are experiencing wireless communication errors or cannot print, please try these basic steps before the topics listed below:

On the Printer:
  1. Turn off the printer or all-in-one, and unplug it.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Plug the printer back in and power it on.
On the PC:
  1. Save your work, and reboot the machine.
  2. Turn off the firewall on the system. Might be that one is blocking the printer to communicating with system.
On the Router and/or modem (if printing wirelessly):
  1. Unplug the router and modem.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come to a ready state.
  4. Plug in the router.

At this point, try printing again. These steps help fix a number of communication issues between the host (PC) and the client (the printer/all-in-one).

Hope this will help you.

Please acknowledge my answer by clicking the ACCEPT button so that I can be paid for my work and time.

Please do not give negative feedback , if this does not help. your question will be open for further follow up.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The described steps were taken and the result is the same failure to connect. This is a first time setup for the printer to an existing Wireless network. I have two computers near the wireless router and trying the setup even without a firewall fails on the fourth step, 'Setting an IP adress' for the printer. There is a manual entry method on the printer control panel and matching the details from ipconfig still leads to a failure. The control panel does show a 100% strength of wireless signal and I get a solid green light on the indicator. I have removed the security from the router and the system fails at the same point. I have turned on WEP and it fails at the same point. When I use WAP, it never shows a signal.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I replied to this answer before. It did not help. I gave details so I am not sure why I am being asked to respond again.

Expert:  Vcomputer replied 5 years ago.
I will opt out so that other experts may help you with better ideas.
Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer. Do you still need assistance with this problem? Or were you able to figure out a solution?

If you want to resolve the issue further, please give this a try;

1. Access your router's admin page via URL.
2. Locate your router's IP RANGE. This is like: (for example)
  • FROM=>
  • TO =>
3. Change the IP RANGE a bit like:
  • FROM=>
  • TO =>

This is to trigger refresh of router's routine activity.

4. Then set your printer a STATIC IP address that is below the IP range. In the example above, you can set your printer with a STATIC IP:

5. All other devices in the network connects with a dynamic IP from the router's DHCP but your printer can still connect wirelessly using a static IP that is below or above the router's IP range.

6. Save the printer's IP settings (and the other changes)

7. Turn OFF the printer.

8. Turn back on the printer. This time, test of your printer has finally joined your wireless network.

Edited by Jess on 11/22/2010 at 2:03 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your note. I did have a go at manually controlling the IP setting both from CMD and from a panel option on the printer. I returned the printer this morning and I am now going to find one that gurantees connectivity or sends someone out to install it.

Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. Were you able to set a STATIC IP in your printer via the printer's control panel?

Anyway, thank you for trying the solution I gave you. I hope that the store's tech can resolve your printer's connectivity issues so that you can then use it happily.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I did set the IP manually. Store tech thinks there are too many variables to know the root problem, but suggests it may be in my Belkin Router set up.

Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
I agree. Your router could be frozen and that it could no longer give your printer access to the wireless network.

It is better if you have another good router to replace the Belkin and see if all is fine thus eliminating the router issue.