tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Technician
Experience:  8 years as Computer Support Specialist which allows me to work on printers, projectors, networks, et
35117564

Brother MFC 7340 , will not print, printer appears to be offlline.

Brother MFC 7340 , will not print, printer appears to be offlline. Running Windows XP 2007.

Thanks

david
Category: Printers
Expert:  tbwhite2040 replied 6 years ago.

tbwhite2040 :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you in finding an answer to your question.

tbwhite2040 :

Right-click your printer icon and make sure the Use Printer Offline is not checked or Use Printer Online is checked. Then go to Properties and open it up. Click on the Ports tab and make sure you have a checkmark in the ports box next to USB virtual printer port if you are connecting your printer to your computer using a USB cable. Then click Apply. This will move your printer up beside the USB port.

JACUSTOMER-0w4kc71v- :

This did not work and I found the amswer in the manual by reparing the software with the original installation disc.

tbwhite2040 :

OK I am glad you have it working