John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

On Canon mp530 copy light is blinking, alarm is blinking, error

On Canon mp530 copy light is blinking, alarm is blinking, error message is "check printer, 6A00"
What is my problem?
Thank you.
A Currence
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button only if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

6A00 is a problem related with the Purge Unit

Open the cover and when the head comes to the center pull out the power cord. Now you can freely move the head to the far left and out of your way. The Purge unit is on the right. Use a flashlight and you will see two ink pads. This is where the printhead is PARKED,.. and is the top of the Purge unit. There are wiper blades that move from the rear to the front that wipe the bottom of the printhead when it is parked (The ink pads actually drop down about 3/4" to allow the wiper to pass,..then it supposed to SPRING back to the rear. All of this, and the ink suction for cleaning the printhead is done by the purge unit,... one of the most complex parts of the printer.

Use some rubber gloves and a paper towel and see if you can press the ink pads down just a little bit, like 1/4". See if for some reason the wipter blade is stuck extended,.. if so see if you can get it unstuck. Don't force anything, just be gentle.

The error you are getting is telling you that the purge unit is not giving the correct timing signal as it rotates inside 360 degrees. Therefore, something is either broken or jammed inside. If you had a paper jam and tried to forcefully pull it out, you could have pulled the internal gears out of alignment.

If the printer is not in warranty it will be cheaper to buy a new one than to repair it.

Please note I do NOT work for Canon so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your effort. I saw that one of the pads was extended so I pushed it back down.

I still have the error message, but it was worthwhile to have your input.

Thank you.

A Currence

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
You are very welcome! Please note I do NOT work for Canon so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

Thank you

John Cappucci

John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience: CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.